Geneva didn't waste another second as she dove to the other side of the interstate. They bombed the car she was just behind, only to continue shooting at her.

She reloaded her gun.

Gen suddenly caught a glimpse of hair the color of fire, and she ran after the woman, both narrowly avoiding bullets. She'd almost caught up to her when, expectedly, the attackers shot another grenade, throwing the two women off of the interstate. Geneva used the grappling hook Natasha had gifted her for the first time in that moment. She swung straight onto her feet, and began running next to Natasha, the slight pain in her leg had long been forgotten. Her lungs were beginning to burn with exertion, but she welcomed it.

The two ran for a moment but both stopped when they saw the shadow of one of their assailants awaiting them. Geneva quickly pulled another gun out of her boot.

She and Natasha didn't speak; after all these years they hardly needed to in these situations. Natasha went forward, aiming both of her guns upward, and began to shoot. Geneva assumed she'd hit her target, and began running, pulling the woman with her. She went right, while Nat went left. She was tempted to scope out the flipped bus, but opted to simply use it as a shield from the incoming gunshots. She would've killed for a set of comms in that moment. To be able to talk with Nat, Steve, and Sam would've been a blessing, especially considering they'd all been blindsided.

Gen shot unsuccessfully, before deciding to run once again, Natasha close by. "He's coming after us," Geneva forced out as they ran.

She saw Natasha pull out her phone, and hit a button, the woman's voice beginning to play over the device. Nat came to an abrupt halt. "A distraction," she said, placing the phone behind a car.

Gen nodded understandably. "So we attack." She eyed the red head. "We can't take him."

"I know," she replied. "But we're gonna try." She took the dark haired woman's hand, pulling her behind another car. "I go first, then you get a few in and run. I'll hit him with this." She held up one of her widow bites, and suddenly Geneva felt deprived. SHIELD had no problem with confiscating all of her weapons, including her knives which she'd almost forgotten about, having not used them since 2012. Using special tools on missions wasn't necessary, but that didn't mean she'd gotten rid of her supply from Tony.

Her thoughts were interrupted as the Winter Soldier approached their trap, rolling an explosive to the area he assumed they occupied.

The car exploded.

Natasha wasted no time, jumping onto the assassin, her legs wrapping around his neck. As the Winter Soldier began to get the better of Nat, Geneva rushed from behind, grabbing one of the knives on his back and successfully stabbing his leg.

He cried out.

The man threw Natasha into the nearby car, before turning on the other spy. Geneva sent a roundhouse kick into his chest, sending him back a few feet. She went for a stab to his throat but he caught her wrist, proceeding to wrap his metal hand around her throat and turn her toward Natasha.

She was going to die if she didn't get away. It was even worse that this current situation was bringing her past back to the forefront. His face flashed to someone else's—someone more familiar. The assassin's eyes were no longer an icy blue, but a murky brown. It was someone, who'd on many occasions had her in this same position, ready to kill.

Geneva couldn't breathe. Her lungs were burning and this time she didn't welcome it, not even in the slightest. She kicked out at him, but he pushed through it.

Tears sprung to her eyes, but when Natasha threw a Widow Bite onto his metal arm, he immediately dropped Geneva. The minuscule shock she'd received snapped her back to reality, and she scrambled away from the man, running in the direction Natasha had taken. She choked and coughed, gesturing for civilians to move.

Gen was hunched over as she ran, sliding past Natasha who'd been shot. With a hand rubbing her throat, and while struggling for breath, she sat next to the woman.

Geneva was shaking, and unable to tend to her injured friend. Instead, Nat tried to comfort her, only slightly unsuccessful.

The Winter Soldier was close, that much was obvious, but when he didn't show up to finish them off, Gen didn't bother to see what had distracted him. It was probably Steve.

Her throat ached as she listened to the fighting ensue. She just needed one moment, but she couldn't get one.

Natasha urged her to move, and, hazily, she followed the woman. There was a loaded grenade launcher begging for one of them to use it, so when Steve froze, Natasha did. Gen noticed the oddly familiar face of the Winter Soldier before he disappeared in the smoke.

Just then a large group of SHIELD/HYDRA agents descended, yelling for them to lose the weapons and put their hands in the air. Clearly outnumbered, she did just that, allowing a pair of handcuffs to be forced onto her wrists. She glared at the agents who just so happened to be aiming multiple guns at her head, waiting for a slip up. But they wouldn't kill her with so many eyes watching. Gen was tempted to complain for Natasha but she kept her mouth shut.

Her eyes darted to Steve who looked like he'd just seen a ghost. She knew the feeling, and it still had her shaking. The agents forced her into a van, with other armed agents Natasha, and Sam. Steve followed, and was seated on the bench across from theirs. He was put under more restraints.

Geneva looked into Steve's eyes from where she sat. His blues eyes held a sadness she'd never seen before. "Bucky. It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me."

She immediately knew whom he was referring to. James Buchanan Barnes, his friend from his time who'd died in the war. "Bucky from the 40s?" She asked, merely for clarification. Natasha laid her head on her shoulder, having already lost too much blood.

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago," Sam questioned.

Steve stared unseeingly. "Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..." He trailed off.

"None of that's your fault Steve," Nat said quietly, and not without tremendous effort.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky."

"And he had you," Geneva whispered, wanting to reach out to him. "He still does."

"We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out here in the truck," Sam demanded, anger leaking into his voice. He was right, but Geneva had a feeling that their deaths were sought for and the red head bleeding out would only make it easier on them.

The guard pulled out an electric rod, pointing it at Sam for a second before unsuspectingly shocking the other guard. The first guard then proceeded to knock the other one out with a kick to the face. Geneva watched the scene unfold, curious as to who could be under the mask.

The guard took off their helmet, revealing the very familiar and welcomed face of Maria Hill. "Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." The woman looked to Sam, shaking her head. "Who's this guy?"

"Doesn't matter right now. They're probably taking us somewhere with less cameras so they can finish what they started." Gen sat up a little. "If you're gonna put a hole in this truck, now is the time Maria."

°