Chapter 21- Part 1

Elliot pov
"Let's get this done and over with." I say frustrated
"Elliot please, I know you're still angry with me. But we're still married and I want to make this work between us." Jo pleaded
The doctors already had Sara's and my samples and Jo wanted to wait until after the baby is born in a month to take DNA.
"Maybe this is the sign I've been waiting for. You cheating and Olivia coming back to town. You and I both know it's always been Olivia." I reply
She inhales sharply trying to hold back tears.
"Mr.Stabler, Ms.Marlowe here are the test results in regards to Sara Marie Stabler." The doctor says
I take the envelope in my hand. It feels heavy and it represents the one thing I knew deep down. I tear open the envelope and read the results. Tears spring in my eyes and I shove the papers into to Jo's chest walking out and heading back to work.
Olivia pov
"Stop calling me David, especially at work. You and I are divorced and a huge part of me is so thankful we never had children together." I spit into the phone.
"Olivia, bab-"
I slam the phone down. I run my hands through my hair and lean back with my head resting on the back of my chair. I take a deep breath closing my eyes trying to relax.
"Mom.."
My eyes shot open and I turn quickly in my chair to see Maureen standing there with a busted lip, a black eye and multiple bruises covering her face and neck.
I rush over to her and bring me into my arms. She cries into my shoulder.
"What happened Mo?" I say in almost a whisper
I knew the answer but it wasn't a reality I wanted nor ready to face.
"I was raped mom."

Authors note
Sorry it's so short but I had a burst of inspiration and needed to get it down before I lost it. What do they think the results of the DNA test are. Let me know in the comments.