"No, no, it's yours," Edmund replied. "Peter gave it to you." Rosemary could tell that the fact bothered Edmund slightly, but she couldn't help but feel her heart warm at the fact that her Eddie was so understanding about the whole thing and was wanting to respect his brother's wishes.

Caspian gave Edmund a grateful smile before turning to go grab something. Rosemary took that moment to walk over to her boyfriend and press a small kiss to his cheek before leaning her head against his shoulder, a blush spreading across Edmund's cheeks like it usually did when Rosemary was around.

"I did save this for you though," Caspian said as he turned and tossed something at the boy. Edmund quickly caught the object and looked down at it while Rosemary let out a loud laugh. It was Edmund's torch, the one he had left in Narnia the last time they were here.

"Thanks," Edmund chuckled softly. He went to see if the torch still worked and stumbled back slightly when he momentarily blinded himself with the sudden light. This only made Rosemary laugh even harder while Edmund rolled his eyes and wrapped an arm around her neck, putting her into a small yet gentle head lock as he ruffled her hair.

Caspian and Lucy glanced at each other in disgust before looking back at the happy couple. "They're so cute it's gross," Caspian muttered. "You should see the letters they write to each other. It's just as bad if not worse than seeing them together in person. But they've been apart for a year and a half, so I guess I understand. It's still gross though," Lucy whispered.

Edmund and Rosemary looked at their friends unamused. "We are right here you know," Rosemary said. "We heard every word," Edmund told them. Lucy just shrugged in response while Caspian chuckled. He then set Peter's sword down before looking to his friends.

"Okay, that's enough teasing for now. Follow me. We have much to discuss."

- - -

"Since you left, the Giants of the North surrendered unconditionally. Then we defeated the Calormen armies at the Great Desert. There is peace across all of Narnia," Caspian declared as the four stood before a giant map of the land.

"Peace?" Edmund asked in disbelief. "In just three years," Caspian told them. Rosemary smiled, her shoulders relaxing slightly. She looked up at her friend with pride. "Great work, Caspian. I knew we left Narnia in the right hands," she said.

Caspian smiled wide at that. If anyone had told him five years ago that he would be friends with the Protector of Narnia, the High Queen Rosemary, he would've laughed in their face. Yet here he was, standing before the girl who had become like a sister to him, the person he most looked up to and she was praising him. He almost couldn't believe it.

"And have you found yourself a queen in those three years?" Lucy questioned, bringing Caspian back to reality. He looked to the girl and smiled softly at her. "No. Not one to compare with your sister," Caspian replied.

"Hang on. So if there are no wars to fight and no one is in trouble. . ." Edmund began, trailing off slightly as he glanced at his girlfriend. Rosemary frowned, realizing what Edmund was getting at. "Why are we here?" She asked, finishing the boy's thoughts.

"It's a good question. I've been asking myself the same thing," Caspian admitted. A silence fell among the group as they tried to figure out a solution. They wouldn't have been brought to Narnia for no reason. Aslan had to have a purpose for their being here. But if there was peace, then what else could that purpose be?