42-SPECIAL : The Fire That Took Them Down

Start from the beginning

"Are we gonna make s'mores?" Jeongin said excitedly. The fourteen year old jumped up and down, his energy running wild at the exciting thought of s'mores.

"I brought things for s'mores." Felix said. "I thought if we're going camping, we should at least make s'mores and tell horror stories. How does that sound?"

"Traditional. We do that every year." Chan said, nodding his head approvingly at his younger cousin.

"Yay!" Jeongin cheered. His face suddenly fell. "Awe, will we be able to go next year? Chan and Woojin will be graduated."

"We went when you were in middle school. What will be the difference?" Woojin said with a smile. "We shouldn't even had brought you when you were seventh grade, you tried to steal the Coke in my bag which I specifically said it was supposed to go to someone else."

"I was twelve." Jeongin said in his defense. "You can't expect a twelve year old boy to not try and steal your drugs when he knows you have them."

"He's right." Chan said as he threw fire wood into the pit. "Now put up the tents."

"I'm just glad we're not the drag addicts." Hyunjin said. "We probably wouldn't have these camping trips if we were."

"None of us are stupid enough to do that." Seungmin said as he helped Felix put up the large tent. "It's the kids we sell it to that are stupid enough to do it."

Jeongin shrugged. "Maybe we are stupid enough to do it, just have more self-control than everyone else."

"Smart boy." Chan ruffled the boy's hair, a bright, proud smile on his face as he did so. "This is why they asked you to go to that school for the gifted."

Jeongin rolled his eyes. "Then I wouldn't be able to see you guys as much. They give out more homework and make you study more. I'm not about that life."

"Yet you're about the selling drugs life." Minho put his hands on his hips and raised an eyebrow at Jeongin.

"Hey, I'm making money." Jeongin said back.

Everyone let out a hefty laugh.

Though, they did worry about what would happen to Jeongin as a young immature teenager who sells drugs, they enjoyed having him around. He was their mood maker, and more times than not, was the reason they were smiling instead of walking around with a slump in their posture and a frown on their face. They all saw him as a little brother they had to keep a close eye on. Twice now they had saved him from near death. When they told Jeongin it was better that he stopped hanging around them and picking up their habits, he argued it was nine or none, so they let him stick with them.

They got the tents up and Chan started a fire. Felix took out the marshmallows and broke the wired hangers he brought along with. They made s'mores with a hyper Jeongin and just as happy and energetic Changbin.

To think those two could be anymore alike is a scary thought.

Minho told a horror story about a stalker that could be at your throat half of the time, and Seungmin told a horror story about a young boy following you around with a bloody baseball bat.

By the time everyone had run out of stories, everyone was tired and Jeongin and Changbin were holding onto each other for dear life.

"You act more like a fourteen year old than Jeongin does." Seungmin snickered.

"Hey. . ." Changbin pouted. "That's mean."

"Be nice." Chan scolded.

"Be nice." Seungmin mocked.