"Interesting choice darling," Kol muses.

I shrug my shoulders and gaze out the window.

"You know if you gave me a chance, you'd probably like me."

I turn to look at him as he makes eye contact with me and smiles sarcastically.
I seriously doubt that.

Kol laughs, "That hurts darling. I'll have you know I'm quite a catch."

I let out a laugh for the first time in months. The next few moments are filled with awkward silence. I haven't made a single noise in so long. Turning my head I look at Kol with wide eyes.

We stare at each for a moment before Kol finally speaks.

"You have a beautiful laugh darling."

A blush rises and I turn away from him embarrassed.

"You shouldn't hide your blush darling, it's quite adorable."

As I turn to smack his arm I see the mischievous little smirk on his face.

Shut up Kol,
I sign before lightly slapping him on the arm.

Kol turns back to the road and laughs. I cross my arms and huff; but after a while of hearing him laugh, I can't help but smile.

"I bet your voice, in general, is beautiful." He reaches over and gently squeezes my hand.

I turn to look at him as he continues.

"Maybe one day you'll be comfortable to speak again. There's no rush darling. Whatever it is, you can tell me when you're good and ready."

He smiles, a genuine caring smile.

Kol let's go of my hand and puts his focus on driving. The sound of the music on the radio fills the car. Neither of us goes to make conversation. Despite the almost silence, it's comfortable. Perhaps Kol isn't the irritating flirt I thought he was.

"You're going to like me, darling, and I'm going to let you pretend for a while that you don't already."

Can you just stop? Calling me darling, and trying to be funny and all of... that.

"Most girls like this but then you're not like most girls, are you? I have been trying to charm you and your resistance is as impressive as it is baffling." He turns to wink at me as he says this.

I roll my eyes and ignore him. He goes from sweet back to irritating flirt in the span of two minutes.

You have to be the most irritating person I've ever met.

"That can't possibly be true darling," Kol says, waving his hand dismissively.

There you go again with that calling me darling crap.

Kol turns to me and grins, " Admit it, you love it when I call you darling."

I narrow my eyes at him,
I will admit no such thing.