Chapter 10: Reflection

Dahyun shut the door and fell on her knees. The worst thing that could happen to her, did and she thought dying was the only way to escape. She felt her heart break when seeing how Sana's face dropped when she realized the younger wasn't the one she thought.

"I always fuck up" Dahyun laughed and took out the kitchen knife that she had stolen.

Suddenly not hurting herself because Sana told her not to wasn't an option. She had to end this, end dissapointing people. People she wanted to be close to, people she wanted to have in her miserable and pathetic life.

Meaniwhile, Sana stood frozen. Her elbows were resting on the wooden counter while her head was buried in her hands. All of this was weird, but she knew from the beginning something fishy was going on with the girl. 

When she first came across the girl's profile she wondered how someone can be so perfect. She doubted her existance, but messaged her anyway. She quickly came to like how kind and positive Miran was, she actually believed her existance.

One day, the day that the younger opened up to her about her ex and depression, she decided it didn't matter if the person behind Miran was real or not. She decided she wanted to help them and be by their side no matter who they were. Obviously, she was scared, but went along with her plan anyway. Meet her. Sana wanted to meet her, not to scare her away. She wanted to finally hold her in her arms. Tell her that she is not alone and that she liked her, no matter how she looked or how broken she is.

So, she jumped over the counter and pushed past Jeongyeon, who was too busy to realize what was going on.

"Sana, where the shit are you going?" Mina asked and glanced at her girfriend "That's Momo's ex. Remember? I talked to you about her. Let her be, she is probably overwhelmed to be seeing Momo again"

The girl scoffed, clutching the rose--that she had picked up from the floor, because she didn't want to destroy it--and turned to face Mina.

"So, that's the girl whose heart you guys broke" Sana said "When she talked to me about how broken she is, how wrong her partner did her, I didn't know it could be one of you. I despise you, both of you. You broke her into a million pieces she will never be able to colletct"

"You know Dahyun?" Momo asked, her eyes never meeting Sana.

"I do" the girl said. She knew Dahyun, she knew her true self. Only her name had changed, that's what she liked to believe, at least.

Sana knocked on the door of the staff's bathroom and held her breath, trying to listen to any noises coming from in there. When she didn't, she pushed open the door and slipped in the bathroom with her eyes  glued to the floor. 

The younger hadn't realized someone was in and kept doing what she was doing, bringing her hand to her mouth to stop herself from crying out loud.

"Dahyun?" Sana asked, raising her head up "Oh my God, what are you doing?!" she shouted and kneeled in front of her.

What the older saw was nothing like what she had imagined self harm on other people would be. Dahyun had rolled her sleeves up and held a big kitchen knife in her hand. She carved her skin over the olders scars, those that were slowly fading.

She would cut herslef so deep that Sana would wonder if it could go any deeper. Her hands would shake and she would fidget every time the blade touched her skin but would later relax, getting used to the ugly pain in her body.

"Hey, stop that!" Sana said, not caring her jeans were destroyed by the pool of Dahyun's blood on the floor. 

"Leave me alone" the girl replied, cutting her wrists deeper "It's not like you care for me, anyway. I lied"

"I care" Sana mumbled and gripped the younger's arm, stopping her from going at it again. 

Sana's touch made Dahyun rise her head and look at her. Her eyes were shinning again and her lips quavering. On her lap was resting the white rose she had promised to buy when they met and with the way Sana was holding her arm, the pretty flower got stained by Dahyun's blood.

"But I lied to you. I'm not Miran, I'm not this perfect girl you think I am"

"I don't think you're perfect because of your profile" Sana said "Once we started talking I saw how nice you truly are, when we facetimed for hours I got to know the true you"

"Please, leave. I've disappointed people I want in my life once again" Dahyun whimpered "I'm a liar, nothing more nothing less"

But Sana didn't leave. She let Dahyun's hands go and ripped some of her shirt apart, using the cloth to stop the bleeding.

"Imagine the truth being a mirror and our lies being the dirt and scratches. If we lie too much, the mirror gets dirty and we can't find ourselves in it's reflection anymore" Sana spoke "But even if the mirror gets dirty, we can always clean it. Realizing what we did was wrong and apologizing for the lies we've said, we're cleaning the mirror, we're finding ourselves and can finally be okay with who we are again" she smiled and intertwined their fingers.

"How can you not even be mad at me--"

"You only lied about your name. Everything you talked to me about, your fears, worries, pain, those were real" Sana interupted "I want to give you a chance to show me yourself without being afraid and ashamed. I told you, I've been through it too"

"Sana?"

"Yeah"

"You're beautiful, by the way"

"Hm.." Sana smirked "How do I know this isn't a lie too?"

"No, it's not. I swear"

"Prove it"

"I can't" Dahyun said.

"Ugh, you're to shy for this" Sana laughed and leaned in, kissing Dahyun's lips softly.

"I-What?"

"My name is Minatozaki Sana. Nice to meet you!" 

"I'm Kim..D-Dahyun" the girl lowly said "Nice to meet you too"

______

A/N: eeehh this isn't the best, but i hoped you enjoyed TRUTH!

-海斗