Chapter 2

Honoka called Euterpe through FaceTime to tell her what she learned. "What have you found out?" Euterpe asked. "An oil baron is planning to tear down the studio" Honoka explained. "Good work Honoka" said Euterpe. "Thanks" Honoka replied. "You need to find Kermit, he'll know what to do" said Euterpe. "But how? No one has seen him in years" Honoka said. "Hmm...I know where you need to go" said Euterpe. She then gave Honoka an address and the teenager put it into Maps. Honoka walked to the address as Siri gave her directions. It got dark by the time Honoka reached her destination. "I think this is it" she said, looking at the front gates which had Kermit and Miss Piggy's faces on them. "Here goes nothing" Honoka began to climb the fence but then got electrocuted as it was an electric fence. "Why did I do that?!" she groaned once she fell to the ground. She tried to sit up and shake off the jitters. "I'm glad I didn't break anything" she said to herself. Just then, Honoka heard someone coming. But before she could hide, the figure came out to see her and it was a certain frog. "Excuse me?" The frog asked as a heavenly choir was heard around him, but it was just a bus driving down the street behind him. "You okay? That was quite the tumble."

Honoka looked excited to see the frog. "Are you Kermit the frog?" she asked. "Yes I am" Kermit replied. Honoka stood up and said "My name's Honoka Kousaka and I came here to inform you about something". "Well it's nice to meet you. I suppose you could come in as long as you don't cause trouble." said Kermit. "I won't, I promise" said Honoka. Then they heard someone faint and saw Walter with Gary and Mary. "Oh, my." Kermit said. "Hey, you're the group from earlier. What are you doing here?" said Honoka. "W-We wanted to see Kermit..." Mary replied. "Well, I don't think anyone else did more than Walter over here." "I'll help you take him inside" said Honoka. Everyone went inside and they set Walter on a couch. "Hey. Hey, Walter?" Gary called to his brother. "Walter, you all right, buddy?" "Where am I...?" Walter muttered once he woke up. "You're inside Kermit's house" said Honoka. Walter passed out again. "Oh, jeez, Walter..." Gary frowned. "No, no, no, no, no," Mary cooed to Walter. "You okay?" "This... This is Kermit's house?" Walter asked with a gasp. "That's right." Honoka nodded. "Hey, I met you earlier. What did you say your name was again?" Walter said as he recognized the teenage girl. "Honoka. Honoka Kousaka" Honoka replied.

Kermit then came back over, much to Walter's surprise and delight. "Anyhow, how can I help you guys?" he asked his guests. "Kermit, it's about the Muppet Studios. You see-" Honoka began. "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen." A robot greeted which made everyone look over. "Not now, 80's Robot." Kermit told him. "Might I offer you a drink? Tab? New Coke?'" 80's Robot offered. "Good grief." Kermit complained. "Listen. Not right now, 80's Robot, please!" 80's Robot then walked off, speaking in stereotypical 80's slang. "Uh, what were you saying?" Kermit asked the group. "Uh, yes," Walter replied. "Tex Richman, the oil baron, is-" "Yes, yes, yes, oil baron Tex Richman, the wealthy philanthropist." Kermit nodded. "You know, he's about to buy our old Muppet Show theater and turn it into a Muppet museum. Isn't that great?" "That's the thing, Kermit. Tex Richman is actually planning to tear down the theater and drill for oil" Honoka explained. "What?" Kermit asked, surprised to hear that. "The only way to save the studio is to raise $10,000,000." Gary said. "$10,000,000? That's impossible." Kermit replied. "I mean the only way to raise that kind of money would be to would be to put on a show." he said softly. "And I haven't seen the old gang in a long, long time. I guess people sort of forgot about us." Seeing Kermit sad made the group frown. Honoka felt bad for Kermit so she followed him as he walked to the paintings he had of his friends, but hid as the frog needed some time alone.

"Is there more I could've said? Now they're only pictures in my head. That's why my green is feeling gray. Sometimes even frogs have rainy days~" Kermit began to sing, a bit sadly. "Remember when the stage caved in while you were rocking out? Who'd have thought your smorgasbord would be hard to live without?~" Honoka felt bad for Kermit. "If we could do it all again. Just another chance to entertain. Would anybody watch or even care? Or did something break we can't repair?~" Kermit sang. "Your cannonball trajectory, it always gave me hope. They may have been unbearable, but I still loved your jokes. Is there more I could've said? Now they're only pictures in my head~" Kermit's paintings then came to life and somehow, Honoka was able to see what Kermit saw. "I didn't do it. I've been framed! Ahhhh! Wocka wocka!" said Fozzie. "Gonzo the Great will ride this baby again!" Gonzo announced as he stood by a cannon. The Swedish Chef spoke next, but it was very hard to understand, as it was for anyone since he seemed to speak in a made-up language. "This legato tune is posolutely, most transparently bringing me down. 1, 2 and a half" Dr. Teeth said to his band. Seeing all of this made Honoka feel a little better. "Can we do it all again? Make 'em laugh like we did then. Back on the stage where we belong. We can harmonize for one more song~" The Muppets sang together. "But I'm standing here instead. Now they're only pictures in my head~" Kermit finished.

"Sounds like you guys aren't going to start getting back together anytime soon." Gary frowned. "Mm-mm." Kermit shook his head. "This is going to be a really short movie." Mary whispered. "But, Kermit, you have to try" Walter spoke to the frog. "I... The Muppets are amazing. You give people the greatest gift that can ever be given." "Yeah, and it's laughter. Kermit, your fans never left you. The world hasn't forgotten. All you need to do is show 'em again!" said Honoka. "I don't think so, guys." Kermit frowned. "Don't you see Kermit? It's time to play the music." Walter began. "It's time to light the lights~" Gary sang. "It's time to meet the Muppets~..." Mary added as Kermit played a few keys on his piano. "Please, Kermit, you're my hero" Walter pleaded before showing his wrist. "You're on my watch." "Well, I, uh... I guess we could try." Kermit soon said while staring out the window. "We?" The others wondered. "Well, yeah, listen," Kermit said to them. "If I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna need some moral support." "You got it." Honoka smiled. "Well, that's perfect." Gary added. "We're experts at moral support." "Good. I guess if we're gonna go, we better get going." Kermit replied. "We got a lot of people to find." "But...How do we find them?" Honoka asked. "Didn't you see our first movie?" Kermit replied. "We drive."