nine

Seven hours in (2:00AM)

Korey

We all stand there in a nice hug until I pull away and start gethering my stuff into my bag away. We've already wasted nearly two precious hours on this damn incident, we can't waste anymore on a fucking group hug.

Calum gives me a confused look and gestures for me to come over. I discretly shake my head and pick up the dead kid's gun, claiming it as my own.

I hear some tumbling and turn over to see Luke on his knees, gagging. I roll my eyes and finish packing my bag. I get that there's blood everywhere but you think he'd be used to it by now.

"Luke?" Sid says in a quiet voice. She pats Luke's back for a bit until Luke looks up, his face now drenched in sweat.

"You okay?" Calum goes over to Luke, sitting down.

"Yeah, I'm okay." He shakes it off. "I think I might have a c-c-c..." He struggles for his words.

"A c-c-c?" Michael furrows his brows.

"Concussion." Luke says finally, still trying to catch my breath.

"From when?" I ask, giving him a confused look.

"When I got hit with the stock." He rubs his head.

"We have to take him to the ER." Sid says in a panic and I shake my head.

"We can't, everything's shut down." I tell her and she nods her head, remembering the rules.

"Well, we certainly can't stay here." She pulls Luke into a hug.

"We can't go home now!" I throw my hands in the air.

"Why not?!" She yells and I'm taking aback by her anger, usually she's calm in the situations.

"Who's gonna take us in, Sid?" I stand up and brush my pants off. I try to avoid getting angry but I can't help but raise my voice. "We all my a choice. You made yours and there's no going back." I turn around, avoiding facing her teary eyes. "Beside, who's gonna fucking take us in? No one until 7AM."

"My mom..." Luke says in a groan. He lays down onto the pavement outside Elle's house and I look around, observing how dangerous for us to be here in the open.

"Luke, you and I both know that's utter bullshit."  I turn back to face him. "Now we should all get in Ash's fucking shitmobile or we wait to get killed out here. Your choice." I swiftly reach into my bag's pocket and pull out my hand gun, heading towards the truck.

-

"Luke doesn't have to participate!" I yell back to Sid. "You do. I don't see a fucking scratch on you so stop crying and suck up." I run my hands through my hand angrily. I slow down my hand to avoid pulling out any hair.

"Korey, calm down..." Calum says in a gental voice. He puts his hand on my knee and rubs it with his thumb.

"This was all on us. It wasn't just my purge, it's all of yours too. So, don't make me out to be the bad guy." I shoo Calum's hand away and pull my knees up too my chest.

We've only got maybe a good three hours till the sun comes up a bit and maybe five until 7AM. We all had two Purged people each but now, we may or may not even have time to finish our list. We still have Chris Quinn (Sid's), Adam Leff (Calum's), Riel Vince (Ashton's) and Franky Garland (Luke's) who was their main priority. We could maybe finish those and have time to go home but with Luke's concussion, I doubt it.

"So.. who next?" I interupt everyones thinking.

They all stay quiet, tweedling their thumbs. No one wants to speak up and be honest on how much they want to kill their person.

"Let's do Adam." Michael speaks up. Calum shrugs his shoulders, showing he's not against the idea.

"Sure." Calum nods.

"Where does he live?" Ashton asks through the back window, his fingers tapping on the driving wheel.

"Downtown." Calum says quietly. "But we need to ba careful, apparently there's a lot of kids down there this year."

I just nod and Ashton turns to truck on. The truck stays on for a moment until the engine dies again. Ashton groans in frustation, trying to turn it on and rubbing the dashboard.

The truck starts up nicely and I clap my hands silently.

"Let's get this fucking show on the road." I smile.

Authors note:

no cool fact again cause v lazy

two short shit updates make one good one... right???