Chapter Five: Two Hour Tryouts

Fred's POV
I groaned as I dropped onto the sofa in our small flat. George and I had just finished closing the shop up. It was beginning to get dark outside. I was exhausted.

There was a sudden ruffling of wings as Hedwig flew in through the window. There were two letters attached to her legs.

Hedwig stared at me until I untied the letters.

One was addressed to me and the other was addressed to George. These had to be from Cas, she must have borrowed Harry's owl. I smiled as I began to open the letter addressed from me.

"Oi, George, Letters from Cas!" I shouted.

George came running out of his room and dramatically fell on the sofa next to me. He torn open his letter and we began to read.

Freddie
You will NEVER believe who's teaching DADA- Snape. They're letting Snape teach the class. It's unbelievably gloomy. There's a new potions teacher, his names Slughorn. He has a club for famous wizards. Anyways, Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, everyone is good. Classes are fine. Dumbledore is having Harry and I do private lessons, I don't know what for yet.
I miss you, more than anything. Hogwarts isn't the same without you here. George too. Is there anyway we can actually see each other soon? I might go crazy if I have to wait until Christmas.
How are you? How's the shop? Is everything going well?
I love you.
-love Cassie
P.S. have you ever heard of anyone called The Half-Blood prince? Don't mention this to anyone other than George please? It's in his letter too.

I stared at the letter for a moment. The Half-Blood prince? I'd never heard of anyone called the Half-Blood Prince. It didn't even sound slightly familiar. And Snape was teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. It'll be a miracle if anyone can pass that class now, I think to myself.

"They're letting Snape teach the DADA arts class?" George exclaims next to me as he put his letter down.

"It's unbelievable. Ever heard of this Half-Blood Prince?"

George opened his mouth to say something, but the conversation was cut off by Kileigh bursting through the door.

She could have knocked, I thought irritably.

George smiled and got up to go meet his girlfriend.

"Hey George," Kileigh said happily.

"Hi," George greeted.

I looked up a moment later to see them snogging. I tried to suppress the jealousy that rushed over me; instantly feeling guilty. I shouldn't be jealous that George is happy. Yet no matter what I did, I couldn't help but wish that was me and Cas.

I rolled my eyes at them before going to my bedroom to give them privacy and respond to Cas.

Cassie,
Let me guess, Snape painted the entire room black? I can't believe their letting him teach DADA. Maybe everyone besides Slytherins will have a chance in getting good marks in potions this year. I bet Dumbledore is going to teach you more defensive magic.
The shop is doing wonderful. It's pretty busy most days. I'd be better if George and Kileigh weren't so wrapped up in each other lately, it's a bit gross. I'm glad they're happy though.
I wish you were here. Or I could be there. I miss you too.
When's the next Hogsmeade trip?
I've never heard of the Half-Blood Prince. I don't think George has either. We'll look into it and see if we can find anything on it.
I love you more than anything.
~Fred

I sighed as Hedwig flew out the flat window with the letter to Cassie. I'd do anything to be with her right now. As long as she could go to Hogsmeade, I was certain we could make us work. We had to make us work. Being far away from her was one thing, but not having her at all would be worse.

The most I could do right now was to hope that she had a Hogsmeade trip soon.

"You'll see Cassiopeia soon Fred," Kileigh's voice spoke out.

I jumped and turned around, "let's hope so."

Cassiopeia's POV
Harry, Ron, Hermione and I were heading down to the Quidditch pitch. There was a queasy feeling in my stomach. I didn't know if I'd make the team this year.

"There's no way you aren't going to make the team Cas," Hermione whispered, shaking me out of my thoughts.

"Maybe," I whispered back uncertainly.

Harry started the tryouts with a simple flying test. This eliminated several first years and a group of Hufflepuffs.

Soon we began to play a game, and we all launched off the ground. Katie and I worked well with each other, we always had. Ginny was trying out as well, and she was doing spectacular.

Two hours later, I'd scored fifteen goals, Ginny had gotten seventeen, and Katie had scored fourteen. All three of us had made the team. The closest competition had been Demelza Robins, who looked dejected as she left the pitch.

The two new beaters were nowhere near as good as Fred and George had been; but they weren't terrible.

Hours later Ginny and I sat on my bed, the room was empty besides us.

"You were brilliant in tryouts today," I told Ginny.

"Thanks. So were you. Honestly I've never seen you play so good, did you practice during summer?" Ginny said.

"Yeah, I spent most of summer playing Quidditch with Remus," I said with a grin.

"Was he any good?" Ginny asked.

"Oh no, he was terrible," I said with a laugh.

There was silence for a few minutes while I went back to studying. Sixth year wasn't easy, and I found myself wondering how everyone made it through.

"Hey Gin, how are you and Dean?" I asked suddenly.

"Oh, we're doing fine," Ginny said flatly.

Just as I was about to ask about her tone, she gave me the look that told me to shut up.

"Well, I think it's good you've found someone. Maybe Demelza Robins has a shot with Harry. She obviously fancies him," I told her.

I didn't miss the annoyed look that flashed across her face before she said, "yeah."

Before I could say anything else I remembered that I'd forgotten to send a letter back to Fred. I'd never heard anything back from George, but if something was wrong Fred would have told me.

Fred,
The next Hogsmeade visit is in mid October.
-All my love, Cas

I hoped he was planning to come. This might be the only way for Fred and I to work.

A/N- wow another update :) I hope you all liked this chapter. Thank you so much for reading! I love you all XOXO

Letters On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara