Behind the glasses

Start from the beginning

“Misaki, how old are you?”

“14”

“When’s your birthday?”

“December 9”

“Misaki, do you remember what happened the night you were hospitalize?”

“…Yes…”

“Would you like to tell me?”

O shit, Misaki was scared to tell the truth in front of his brother who has been taking care of him since their parent’s death. Takahiro had to quit school and his dreams and started to work at the age of 18 to keep Misaki in school, he had a hard time taking care of 8 year old Misaki, but he didn’t regret anything the pass years. Not until now, or that’s what Misaki thinks. He can’t even imagine how disappointed his brother will be; that his younger brother who he had to sacrifice everything, his dreams, his studies, and his life. But it was too late, he had ended up in a hospital (something he has been avoiding) and now he had to say the truth and be responsible of his acts.

“I-I was in a fight”

“Mhm… where you alone or-”

“I was with my friends…”

“Ok… This ‘friends’ and you were fighting with??”

“We fought with… south high”

Dr. Kamiyo just gave a soft, “oh,” while his brother was watching with wide eyes every respond his brother said to the Dr.

 “Ok… Amm… This is… not your first fight, is it?”

“…No…”

It sounds like he knows me to well

“Well I have to say-“

“Can I ask something?”

“Umm, sure, what is it?”

“Why is the light turned off? I can feel the warmth of the sun

 So it has to be already morning, right, and… when I heard your voice I wanted to stand up, but my arm didn’t respond and neither did my leg, why?

“Oh, ha-ha I was wondering why you hadn’t asked about it and, ummm….

 Misaki, I will ask you a last thing”

His trying to avoid my question

“Why is the light turned off and why can’t I move?!”