Chapter 5

I woke up, laying next to Ben. His hair was messy and he was snoring so loud the neighbors might have heard it! I got out of bed and looked at the ring on my finger. We've been married for a month now and I was very happy. I went to the bathroom like everyday and one thing bothered me- my period was late. After the wedding, me and Ben did have some fun but we didn't use protection. I was scared. I shook Ben until he woke up.

"What?" Ben said in a tired voice.

"Ben..." I choked back a sob.

"WHAT'S WRONG!?"

"I think I'm pregnant..."

Ben hugged me and I cried. He told me that sometimes periods can be weird. I laughed. Then I started to feel a bit sick so I took a nap. I woke up around 6 pm. I smelled something delicious. Ben was making dinner. I walked out to the kitchen and kissed his cheek. "Good afternoon, sleeping beauty." Ben said to me. I laughed. I sat down on the couch and got a huge wave of nausea. I ran to the bathroom and threw up. Ben ran into the bathroom and started rubbing my back. I layed down on the couch and Ben put a bucket next to me. I ate only a little bit of dinner before throwing up again.

Its been a month and I've hardly been throwing up. I went to the hospital while Ben was at work so I can get an ultrasound. I walked up to the front desk where a nice woman named Kelly worked.

"How may I help you?" She asked.

"I think I'm pregnant..." I said.

"Need an ultrasound?"

I nodded. Kelly called a nurse named Natalie and she brought me to the ultrasound room. I layed on an uncomfortable bed and Natalie put a weird warm gel on my stomach. She put what she called a "belly x-ray cam" and moved it around my stomach. Then she gasped.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't know how to say this.." she said.

"What is it!?"

"YOU'RE PREGNANT!"

I wanted to scream. I thanked her and went home. I got a picture of the ultraspund and put it in a picture frame. I wrapped it up in blue wrapping paper and put it in a small box and wapped the box also in blue wrapping paper. I put a bow on it and taped a card to it too. Ben came home an hour later. "HI!" I said, hugging him. He kissed me.

"Hey." He said, smiling.

"I got something for you." I said.

"What is it?"

"Be right back!"

I ran to our room and picked up the box. I walked out to the living room and told ben to sit down. He did and I gave him the box. He looked at me, confused. "Open it!" I demanded. He opened the box and unwrapped the picture of the ultrasound. The look on his face was priceless!

"YOU'RE PREGNANT!?" He said, smiling. I nodded and he hugged me. I was happy that he was happy.