Mamá?

I woke up to the gentle rocking of a ship, which means that I must've fell asleep in the boat. I saw my Dad sat at the table, with rum, singing that song he always sings.
  "Dunk up me 'earties yo 'o" he mumbled, unaware I was awake.
  I sat up and put my chin on his shoulder, he jumped a little.
  "Bloody hell, why didn't you tell me you were awake!?"
  "Only just woke up," I chuckled. He shook his head and I sat on the bed. I remembered that I had wanted to talk to him and was wondering how to start the conversation.
  "Papá..."
  "What? What do you want, out with it," he sighed. He had come to realise that usually when I called him Papá, I wanted something from him, whether it be a few shillings, or a game of liars dice, to a new weapon.
  "Sorry?" I smiled.
  "Whenever you call me Papá, you either want something, or.... Have you been thinking about Angelica love?" he smiled sympathetically.
  "What? No, I can be happy knowing that she's longer in pain, and that I have you," I reminisced when I first met my Dad.
  "That's good sweetheart, I know you miss her---- wait! Then what do you want?" he asked, narrowing his eyes. I laughed a little.
  "Can't a daughter show her father affection without wanting something?" I smiled.
  "Course she can!"
  He turned to look at me and grinned, standing up and opening his arms, as I jumped into them, crushing him in a hug. He stroked my back gently and kissed my forehead.
  "What's wrong love?" he asked concerned.
  "Nothing Dad, I just..just,"
  "Just what love? You can talk to me, about anything, and I won't tell a soul, father to daughter," he promised.
  I was holding back tears, I don't know why I was like this, I just wanted him to know how much I love him, and how much I care about him, and thank him. I squeezed him tighter.
  "I'm fine, I just---love you so much Dad, I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm just scared, that we'll get separated, or something, but I just want you to know, I love you so much!" I cried, muffled into his chest. He smiled, rubbing my back still.
  "I know Darlin', you're a very strong girl you know, and hey-- don't ever say that we'll get separated, I will NEVER, let that happen, you're my little Sparrow, remember when I told you that," he smiled, rubbing my arms, once again kneeling down to my eye level.
  "Aye, after the storm," I sniffled.
  "Aye, and I promise that we will never get separated, I love you so much," he said, pulling me into his chest once more. I felt one of his tears land on my head, I looked up to see his smiling down at me, his eyes glistening.
  "I'm sorry," I whispered.
  "What for Darlin'?"
  "I don't know, being...."
  "Lydia, you're perfect just the way you are, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, promise me that Darlin'," he spoke seriously.
  "Ok Dad," I promised.
  "Tha's my girl," he grinned.
  I smiled, pulling away from the hug and sitting on the bed, Dad plopped down next to me and put an arm around me.
  "Dad?"up
  "Yes love?"
  "Is Grandad here with us?" I asked, hoping that he was.
  "Aye, he said that he wants go get to know you better, and wants to be a Grandfather to you,"
  "Really!?" I asked, excited.
  "Aye, he said he sees a lot of me in you."
  "I wanna be just like you Papá," I whispered, leaning my head against his shoulder.
  He looked down at me smiling.
  "You already are, you're just like me and your Mother,"
  "If only she were here," I smiled.
  "She would be so proud of you Darlin' believe me," he grinned.
  "I hope so."
  "You don't need to hope, because she is, wherever she is now, she'll be so proud,"
  "I, feel so guilty, I wasn't even there when she died, I wasn't allowed in the room, I could hear her yelling my name, and her muffled screams, I co...could've got in there, but I was to scared, I could've tried harder to be with her, but instead, I never saw her again, until she was already buried, all I saw was her grave," I cried, the tears rolling down my cheeks.
"It's okay sweetheart, you were eight, you could've been hurt. Wait. Are you sure that she actually died?"
  "What?" I sniffled. I saw a conflicted and confused expression on his face. He let go of me and began to pace around the room, thinking.

  (Jack's POV)

  How odd, for her to not be allowed in the room, before or after dearest Angelica passed. That would've been her last wish, to see our daughter. But to not even see her after she took her last breath, something strange was going on here. What would be the purpose. I took out my compass, it spun around to Lydia first, I took my seat next to her again and the arrow spun back around and began to point back in a new direction. Could my dearest Angelica still be alive? Possibly held captive, or possibly in search for our daughter. I looked back at Lydia, who was puzzled beyond belief.
  "Sweetheart, I believe that there is a possibility that you're Mother could still be alive. Tell me Darlin', what did she supposedly die of?" I asked.
  "What! She's alive!?" she almost yelled.
  "No, Darlin' I can't be sure unless you tell me the facts, please," I begged, praying that she could be alive.
  "Well, they just told me she was ill, the only time I really got to see her was when she gave me this," she gestured toward my old necklace which made me smile.
  "I was only getting this information via a man, one of the navy men, you know, with the weird wig things,"
  "What would they want with your Mother?" I muttered, deep in thought.
  "What?"
  "Lydia," I spoke, fully turning to face her and holding her hand. "I believe that for some reason, the government, or the East India Trading Company, may have faked your Mother's death, perhaps upon her wish, perhaps not, she may have been forced, but for now, that doesn't matter, she is alive! My compass, the reasoning, it all makes sense now Lydia!" I deducted. Her eyes lit up in excitement, relief, enlightenment, and happiness.
  "Wait, so Dad, can we....?"
  "Yes! As soon as we get outside, we shall set sail straight for your Mother, I've missed her so much! And I'm sure you have, we can be together as a family again!"
  "Dad, what if she's not alive, and we don't find her?" she whispered sadly.
  "I have every reason to believe that she is love, and we will do everything we can to find her," I smiled, engulfing her in a tight hug. She muffled her tears into my chest and I rubbed her back.
  "Hush now sweetheart, we can all be family again if we do in fact find her, but if we don't, I want you to promise me that you'll be okay, savvy," I whispered comfortingly.
  "I'll always be okay as long as I had you Dad," she smiled quietly. I grinned and squeezed her even tighter.
  "If we follow my compass, it should lead me straight and true, it'll all be okay in the end, I promise you Lydia-Rose Sparrow, I promise you," I smiled.
  We both stood up and walked on deck, I saw my father steering the ship. Me and my daughter walked over to him and began to tell him everything, he seemed bewildered, but listened intently.