21 | just Jon and Rachel

Start from the beginning

"I love you," she declares. The sea breeze takes those words, drifting them away but I feel the magnitude of them exploding deep inside my chest. The pleasure that is blossoming inside me.

I grin, reaching out to run a gentle thumb across her cheek, glancing across her soft skin. My hand falls away as I glance around us.

"This is where I would have chosen to spend our honeymoon."

"Is it because you want to paint me like one of your French girls?" She looks around the beach at the multitude of people sunbathing on towels on the rounded stones. When she glances back toward me, a teasing smile is playing on her lips. "I'll even go topless," she offers.

I laugh, there are a few topless women on this beach. But everyone pales in comparison to the woman standing before me. I cradle her face with my large hand. I can feel her pulse fluttering under my palm.

"Hmm, that's not a half bad idea."

She smiles in return, but her next words are breathless. "So how about it, ex-husband? Do you want to go on a date as just Jon and Rachel?"

It strikes a chord within me.

"We'll never be just Jon and Rachel," I say quietly, watching as her smile disappears, as a shadow of doubt hangs over us. "But that's only because I adore every moment I've ever shared with you."

I bow my head, gently kissing her lips, plaint and soft beneath mine. On her lips, I murmur, "Especially the memories of you as my wife."

I can feel her smile in return, as she kisses me back, her hands sliding up my shoulders to tangle in my damp hair, as I pull her closer, pressing her body into my wet chest. She doesn't try and pull away, if anything, she presses herself closer.

"You were such a good husband," she says musingly as we pull apart. "But we're definitely dating this time around."

I chuckle. "You're right, we should learn from our mistakes."

"I don't really want to know, but I wouldn't blame you if you did – have you dated anyone since –"

I cut her off with a kiss, this one with more pressure and tongue. "No," I answer when I withdraw. "It's only you."

My fingers trace her lips, reddened from my thorough kisses. "Since we married, it's only ever been you. During our honeymoon, I realised I could easily spend my whole life falling more in love with you."

A soft, tender smile lingers on her lips. "You're so dangerous when you talk like that."

"And sexy too, right?" I say with a playful grin. "It makes you want to climb me like a tree. Mount me like a bicycle."

"'Mount you like a bicycle?'" Rachel bursts out laughing at this one.

"Where I've been in Europe, a lot more people ride bikes," I elaborate.

"Uh huh, that totally makes sense now," she says, trying her best to be serious, but her smile is breaking out. "So sexy."

This sets off another round of giggles. And I slip my hand under her short dress, feeling a little risqué, my fingers edging higher and higher until –

Rachel grasps my roaming hand with a reproachful, "Hey, we're in public!"

"No one cares, I could probably lay you down on these pebbles and fuck you so slowly no one would notice."

She's no longer laughing now, and I chuckle as I watch her eyes flicker to the ground as if she's considering it as a viable option. A faint blush heats her brown cheeks as her eyes meet mine again.

"The pebbles look really uncomfortable though."

"Shame," I say laughingly, reaching out to hold her hand, leading her to the steps away from the beach. "Don't worry sweetheart, I have some better ideas in mind."

"Hmm?" she asks as we walk up the steps.

"The library is a serious turn on for me now, after we spent all that time studying in the library during our honeymoon. I want to take you within the stacks, hidden from sight, but you'll have to be quiet..."

I continue to defile Rachel with the fantasies I've accumulated over the six months we've been apart.

But my favourite moment is when she begins to share hers, "...and you'd hold me up, my back to your chest, but my legs would be around your thighs, and you'd drive up into me."

I tilt my head to the side, pondering it. "This is conceptually quite hard to get my head around."

"I'll just have to show you then," Rachel promises with a smile. "But first, food."

I wrap my arm around her waist and draw her into me, her soft curves pressing into my chest. "You are a dream. I love you so goddamn much."

And the part that will never get old is when she glances up, happiness exuding from her, a smile lighting up her face. She pushes her next words out with intention, baring her heart to me, "I love you too."

💍

a/n: Finally!! Am I right? Haha lol. Thanks for reading! I'd be so grateful for any feedback you have so feel free to vote and comment your thoughts.