Nadia bit her lower lip as she felt her cheeks warm at hearing Mason's words, especially hearing him call her his girlfriend, reminding her of the fact that they were now dating. 

The last person that had confessed having feelings for her was Jackson. And after losing him, she honestly never thought that she would be able to move on. They had shared many firsts together; he was her first kiss, her first boyfriend, and the first person that she felt true love for. 

And now that she had been able to finally accept that loss, it was time for her to start over with someone else. And she couldn't be happier knowing that Mason was that person. 

"Hey do you have any plans for today?" Mason asked, pulling her out of her thoughts. She shook her head as if he could see her before saying,

"No, I just have my rehab appointment. Why do you ask?"

"I was thinking that we could do something together--go on our first date. But I haven't decided what we should do so maybe I can meet you there after and we can go somewhere?"

"Okay, that sounds good," she replied.

"Great! Just text me the address and the time and I'll be there."

"Okay."

"I have to help my uncle with something so I'll see you later?" 

"Yeah, see you later."

And with that, they hung up. Nadia continued to stare at her phone for several moments after ending the call, feeling her heart still beating rapidly. She placed a hand on her heart, feeling the individual beats as her heart raced, feeling her lips turn into a smile at the thought of going on a date with Mason.

Her thoughts were unfortunately cut short when she heard a knock on her door. 

"Nadia, are you awake?" she heard her mother's voice on the other side of the door.

"Yeah, come in." 

Her mother opened the door and entered her room, immediately sitting down on her bed.

"How're you feeling this morning?" her mother asked, smiling at her.

And for the first time in a long time, she was able to reply with a genuine "great".

"Yesterday when you came home, you looked really happy and I really wanted to ask you what happened but your father told me to wait for you to tell me. But I really can't wait any longer, I want to know what has made my daughter so happy," her mother told her, her smile widening. Nadia smiled back to her mother.

"Something great happened mom, and I honestly still feel like it's a dream."

"What is it?" 

"Mason confessed that he likes me and he asked me to be his girlfriend." 

"And what did you say?" 

Instead of speaking, Nadia nodded her head and her mother immediately wrapped her arms around her.

"I'm so happy for the two of you! I can't believe you're finally dating!"

As soon as Nadia heard the word 'finally', she pulled away from the hug and looked at her mother with a confused expression.

"What do you mean by finally?" 

Her mother chuckled.

"I'm not blind sweetie, I can tell when someone has a crush on you. And even though he tried to hide it, I could tell that Mason has felt that way about you for a while." 

"Really?" 

Her mother nodded her head. 

"And I could also tell that you felt the same way about him. What really gave it away was when you asked for my advice about your friend who just happened to be in the same situation as you," her mother told her, an eyebrow lifted. Nadia chuckled as she remembered that day.

"I was pretty obvious that it was me, huh?"

Her mother nodded.

"But in all honesty, I'm really happy to see you finally moving on and being with someone as wonderful as Mason, he's a really great guy." 

And there was no denying that she knew how great Mason was. 

Anyone could have just ignored her especially after seeing that she was bound to her wheelchair. But the fact that Mason looked past that and chose to stay by her side, really showed her what a caring person she was. And she was grateful to have such a caring person interested in her.

"So when are you going on your first official date?" her mother asked, her voice displaying her excitement.

"Today, after my appointment."

"Then you better wear something cute," her mother said, winking at her. Nadia chuckled as she sat up in her bed, her back against the head board. She nodded her head in agreement as she tried to decide on what to wear.

* * *

A/N:

Thank you very much for reading another chapter of this story! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Please forgive me if there were any spelling/grammar mistakes because once again, I was too excited about posting a chapter after a while (lol).

Anyway, like always please let me know your thoughts/comments/concerns about this story! Especially what you think will happen during their date and where they'll go!

See you in the next chapter!

~candysweet101