nine.

The day of Jeongin and his mother passed quickly, consisting of them shopping and watching movies.

Jeongin woke up the next morning, a bright smile surfacing to his face as he recalled yesterday's activities.

He swiftly got out of bed, playing music on his fully charged phone, and went through the many clothes he bought the day before.

He settled on a cropped long sleeve that was black and white striped, a pair of skinny black jeans that had rips, showcasing his white thighs.

He also put on a pair of checkered Vans and simple studs in his ears.

He went about his daily routine and stood in the mirror.

He had curled his blonde hair, making it look bouncy and smooth.

He added a bit of eyeshadow and thin layer of pink lip gloss.

He smiled at his reflection and flung his backpack over his shoulder.

Carrot greeted him in the kitchen, the dog already eating.

Mrs. Yang was putting pancakes on a plate when she looked at her son's outfit.

She gasped slightly, "You look amazing, baby!"

Jeongin giggled slightly, "Thanks Momma."

Jeongin kissed his mother's cheek lightly and sat down to eat his breakfast.

Jeongin and his mother talked about small thing as they ate, laughing majority of the time.

Jeongin was done letting people walk over him.

He was done sitting by and letting them laugh and talk about him.

He was done with being afraid of who he was.

And he was certainly done with other people calling Chan 'theirs'.

Jeongin waved his mother away as he stepped out the car.

His father had also greeted him before he left for work, happy that his son was happy and himself.

Jeongin held onto the strap of his backpack and walked into the school confidently.

Many people stared and began whisper, but Jeongin ignored it all.

He walked to his locker and smiled as Chan stood there, waiting for the younger to arrive.

Chan smirked and looked Jeongin up and down, "Wow. You look good."

Jeongin gave Chan a bright smile and hugged him tightly, "I came out to my mom. Both my parents are fine with me."

Chan pulled away, getting very excited as his eyes lit up.

His hands stayed on Jeongin's shoulders, "Oh my god- really? I'm so happy for you, baby!"

Jeongin nodded, "But it seems like people are starting to watch the bad boy turn soft and dorky."

Chan held a goofy grin on his face and shrugged, "If you're happy, I'm happy!"