"I don't know if I should be offended by that or not." Joe turned to look at my best friend.

"It's not that I was hiding you or anything. I mean, who would hide you?" She smiled seductively at him. I made a face before clearing my throat in discomfort. I wasn't about to let them put me in this situation.

"So," I started, eyeing Joe's choice of clothing. "Are you like a Liverpool fan or something?"

He had on some Liverpool tracksuits and I figured that if he really was a fan then he must've been a huge one to just randomly wear Liverpool tracksuits.

"Uh," Joe rubbed the back of his neck, chuckling awkwardly.

"Oh wow." Camila face palmed.

"What?" I questioned, looking from my best friend to her boyfriend.

"Layla," She said, dramatically placing a hand on my shoulder. "He's not a Liverpool fan, he plays for Liverpool."

"He does?" My eyebrows knitted together. "I mean, of course he does. I totally knew that."

"She doesn't know much about football." Mila simply stated, turning to her boyfriend.

"No kidding." He chuckled.

They immediately tuned me out and got lost in each other and I decided that maybe that was my que to go back upstairs and give them a little space.

From moving from the USA to the UK, to moving out of her parents' place at just 19, to dating an actual footballer. Talk about legit leveling up.

I took a seat on my bed before deciding to call my mom, to let her know that I'm here and I'm safe. Knowing her, she probably overreacted and didn't even get proper sleep when I didn't take any of her calls last night.

Half an hour later, my door opened and I looked up from my phone, my eyes landing on Camila.

"If it isn't Mrs. Footballer." I smirked, putting my phone down.

"Your ass didn't even know who he was." She shook her head at me in amusement.

"Yeah, yeah." I brushed her off. "So you're really dating a footballer huh?"

"Yeah." She sat next to me. "You don't sound 'crazy' about it."

"It's not that I'm not crazy about it, I'm actually impressed with your standards. I mean, footballers are like such a big deal." I said.

"Well then what is it?"

I bit my lip, trying to figure out a way to say what I wanted to say. "They just, they have a reputation."

"Not following." She casually said.

I sighed, turning to look at my best friend. "They aren't exactly the most faithful people."

She simply rolled her eyes at me. "Okay but let's not generalise here. Everybody cheats. It just seems worse when it comes to footballers because when they do something, literally the whole world finds out. And even so, not all of them are like that and I'll tell you now that that's just not Joe's character. He would never do that."

"Yeah okay but-"

"Hey." She said cutting me off. "Don't lose sleep over it. I'm actually in very good hands. Now come on, he's waiting for us downstairs."

"What do you mean he's waiting for us?" I asked. I didn't even think he was still here.

"We're going out." She told me before standing up and leaving my room, not giving me a chance to protest.

First of all, I wasn't exactly in the mood to get out this house. I mean, it was a great idea but I just wasn't up for it. And secondly, I really wasn't planning on being the third wheel today.

I groaned before getting up from my bed. I changed into a bit more appropriate outfit before putting my hair up in a bun since it was quite breezy outside. A couple of minutes later, I walked downstairs, letting them know that I was done.

We walked out, with both Mila and I joining Joe in his car. If I had any more doubts that he was some sort of footballer, now they were all cleared. His car definitely screamed 'rich football player'. No kidding.

"Ready to meet some new people?" Camila spoke up once we were on the road and headed to I don't know where.

"The question is, do I want to meet new people."

Even though I couldn't see her face since I was in the back seat, I could still feel her rolling her eyes.

I mean, it's not that I didn't wanna meet new people. I just didn't wanna meet them now. I had thought that for the first few weeks of me being here, it was just gonna be my best friend and I catching up on everything we had going on.

"Let's just get it over with." I muttered before sinking down my seat, turning to look out the window.

It's only meeting people anyway, what's the worst that could happen?

~

Please vote & comment xx