~Chapter 2~

"Hey, Bren," Toby walks in and smiles at me. He then kicks Carson off his bed so he can lay there. "So, have you found out your roommates?" He asks me.

     "Umm... It's Polly; Nate's girlfriend, Lucas-" I start to say but Nate cuts me off.

     "-From the track team," Nate mutters and Toby gives him an understanding nod.

     "-and... Andrew Raisin..." I mutter out his name with disgust.

     "You're paired up with RAISIN! I'll file a complaint and get him out of there! Or, get you out of that room!" Toby's protective side came over and he started to fume, his face as red as our hair.

     "Polly told me if he annoys me I can tell her! She said if he annoys me she'll tell Katy that he's bullying a freshman!" I rush. Once I mention Katy, I notice Toby's ears go a light pink.

     "If you want me to I'll make sure to hurt him. I wouldn't mind anyways," he mutters, calming down a little.

     "Oh sh**! It's 8:30! I gotta go to sleep man!" Carson jumps up from the floor and bolts out.

     "8:30 isn't late..." I mutter.

     "You'll understand it later in the year. Plus, he has 8am classes tomorrow. He's dumb for choosing that." Toby shrugs his shoulders. I nod and we sit in silence for a bit.

"Well, I'm gonna go to sleep. I'm dead tired," Toby says and Nate walks out with me. Once I get to my room he goes to walk to his. When I walk in the dorm, I see Polly, Lucas, and Raisin all laying on the couch talking. It sucks that to hang out in the "living room" *god it's the size of a closet* I have to go Lucas and Raisin's side.

"Freshman don't know how different sports are in college." Lucas mutters. "I know from personal experience." He shyly laughs.

"Preach it," Raisin raises his hands in emphasis. He rolls his eyes when he sees me.

     "Ugh, where did you go?" Raisin asks me snidely. I plan on telling him to screw off until I see that Polly also wants to know.

     "Toby's room." I answer plainly.

     "He wouldn't have been in his room until 5 minutes ago. What, did you just stand outside his room?" John asks again.

     "I was with Carson and Nate in there first." I shrug. I expect Lucas to be mad at the mention of Nate but he doesn't get angry or anything. I see Raisin's lips move quickly to Lucas and he shrugs.

     "Uh, I think it was Gayton." He answers kinda questioningly.

     "See ya, GAYton!" Raisin snickers.

     "My brother was so gay but he wouldn't even get it on with you," I call back while I walk to the girls side. I hear Polly do a, 'burn!' "Anyways, bye... Raisin," I say his nickname as I shut the door and can physically feel his anger.

- the next day at her dance -

     "Alright, the freshman are going to get paired up with a sophomore and they'll help with the dance routine. Remember, we're just doing the throwing. Nothing else for right now." Our instructor says. "Get with the first one you see." People scramble around for a partner and I just stand there, seeing if I can find one.

     "Hey," I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around. "Oh! You're a freshman? I thought you were older, sorry! I was gonna pair up with you but you're also a freshman." A girl with blonde hair shyly says. I'm about to say something when another girl comes up can goes to dance with her.

     "Hey, are you a freshman?" I hear a boy ask someone. They say no and they boy walks off, looking for another partner.  I step up then.

     "Can you partner up with me then? I'm a freshman," I tell the person. They nod and turn around.

     "Brenna! -Gayton? What are you doing here?" Raisin hisses at me.

     "I'm in dance. I'm just as shocked as you are." I roll my eyes, scanning the area for another person to pair up with. No one. Ugh.

     "Come on. The older ones throw the younger ones." He says. I go back a little to do the leap and run. Raisin catches he and throws me up quickly, then catches me again in his arms. I'll admit, his hands are soft.

     "Good job you two. That was very graceful Brenna." The instructor gives a kind smile to Raisin and I before the instructor gets everyone's attention.

     "Everyone watch how Brenna and Andrew do it." Everyone's eyes go right up to us and I give him a glance. He doesn't seem bothered by everyone staring.

     I walk a couple of steps back and start to run in, then leap, then he spins me in his arms. He then throws me up and is about to catch me when-

     "-Hey! You can't record in here! Especially when you're not a dancer!" Raisin yells. His arms drop and I fall on my back. I look to where Raisin was yelling and see someone run off.

     "Okay, everything was good up until Drew didn't catch her," someone says, causing a couple of people to laugh.

     "Andrew, next time let me handle people like that," the instructor gently tells him.

Andrew huffs and glares in the direction of the person. I get up slowly and go back, ready to go again. We both make eye contact and I do it again. This time, he catches me. I hear some people muttering, 'wow,' but I ignore it. I glance over to Raisin and see him smiling. A genuine smile. Maybe Toby was wrong. Maybe he isn't the spawn of Satan. He's still terrible, but at least he does dance.