Humans are Elephants?

They first found out about the differences in the middle of a mission.

"They shouldn't be here, Gragle's information line said they would be in Xar's quadrant."

They should have guessed there were some differences in anatomy.

The Paladins paused. "What information line?" Pidge asked, she turned to directly face the Galran commander held at Lance's gunpoint, "Where is it based?"

Whatever the differences, I'm glad they gave us a leg up on the situation.

"I'd never betray Emperor Zarkon and tell you!" Then he turned to his lieutenant, "They'd never check Korman"

It helped that the Galran was stupid. But he was kinda right, we would not have checked Korman.

"Dude." Said Lance, "Your not very good at whispering."

"What! How could they hear that?!" Was the only reply.

Lance leaned over to Keith who was right next to him and whispered, "Does he think we're stupid, or is he just an idiot?" Keith just shrugged.

The commander now looked even more frightened and talked frantically to his companion, "How are they communicating?! Their lips are moving but no sound is coming out!"

The Paladins all looked baffled. Then it clicked in Pidge's mind, "Their hearing range must be higher!" She exclaimed. Lance was the one who commented first, "Like a dog whistle?"

"More like an elephant." Hunk said, "You know, they make noises below 20 hertz, which is the lowest point on the average range of human hearing, to communicate. So to the Galra, we must be like elephants."

Said Galran was now very confused.