ten

"Lee Chaeryeong, I like you!"

Two weeks after the sleepover, Ryujin found her friendship with Yuna rapidly improving. She was able to get over her awkward stage and be more comfortable around the younger. She managed to be able to spend some time alone with Yuna, whether it be waiting with the others, or whenever Ryujin musters up the courage to take Yuna home on her own. They would hold hands often, which made Ryujin's heart threaten to beat out of her chest.

Ryujin felt positive she had a chance. She really did. The way Yuna looked at her wasn't anything like the way she looked at Chaeryeong and the others. Like it was reserved just for Ryujin.

So when Yuna asked Ryujin to meet her at her house, she had high hopes. She didn't expect for Yuna to like her already, not at all. Maybe a tiiiiiny crush at the most. But nothing near a confession.

"Here, could you stand right there?" Yuna held Ryujin out at arm's length.

"Er, sure."

"Great. I really need your help, unnie. Since you're the closest to Chaeryeong—besides Chaeyeon—I thought you would be the best."

Chaeryeong? What does Chaeryeong have anything to do with it?

Yuna grabbed a white box off her bed and held it in front of her. She took a deep breath before holding it out towards Ryujin with both hands, bowing her head.

"Lee Chaeryeong, I like you!"

And that's when Ryujin's heart shattered. Tears welled in her eyes, her body froze, her brain couldn't process anything.

Chaeryeong?

She couldn't breathe all of a sudden, but just stared at Yuna, who was oblivious to everything.

"I like you a lot, unnie. Ever since we met the first day, I couldn't get you out of my mind. You're so pretty, funny, and nice. You're the best person ever. And it would mean the world to me if you accepted my love!"

The world to Yuna...she was Ryujin's world. She was supposed to confess to Ryujin, not Chaeryeong! She was supposed to think Ryujin was "pretty, funny, and nice". Not Chaeryeong...

Oh god, now what? What was Ryujin supposed to do now that her soulmate wasn't into her? Did other people have the same experience? What did they do? Did their soulmate eventually realize that they made the wrong choice? Or did they stay with the wrong person?

"...Ryujin unnie?"

Ryujin blinked a couple of times, realizing that Yuna was staring at her confusedly.

"Yes?"

"I asked if my confession was okay? Or do I need to redo it? I probably need to redo it. It sucks, doesn't it? Let me just rewrite it—"

"N-no," Ryujin choked out. She cleared her voice before staring again. "No, it's...it's fine. Perfect. She's gonna...she'll love it. A lot."

Yuna beamed, just like in Ryujin's dreams. "Really? You think so!"

Ryujin felt her heart clench in her chest, if that was even possible. "Yeah. It's great!" She feigned optimism.

Yuna squealed excitedly. "Yes! When should I propose? Tomorrow? Is that a good time?"

Ryujin wasn't even sure what day tomorrow was. "Yeah, it's perfect."

"Good! Thanks, unnie!"

Ryujin left her house with one of the fakest smiles she's ever worn on her face.

Unnie. That's all Yuna would ever think of her as...

i'm being attacked by all of these idols going blonde, please sent help🙃

anyways, we're getting close to the end, fam! if you have a group/pairing you want me to write about, don't hesitate to ask, and if i stan/know about them enough, i shall fulfill your request!

also, thank you for 1k reads!❤️