Singing To The Dishes

1977

     I was currently at my flat doing the dishes. Freddie was gone since he had to gothe studio for some " emergency editing".  Queen was just about to release their newest album called News of The World, which I have to say is beautiful. They really worked hard on this album and I think it's really going to pay off. I turned off the water and stood at the sink for a minute thinking again about my Freddie. It has only been a couple of hours but when he's gone, it feels like days have gone by without him. Tears start to fill my eyes as I think of him. I don't know why I have been so emotional lately. I slowly pull the handle to the water and continuing my chore. As I continue washing, the song My Melancholy Blues from the News of The World album pops, into my head. So far it was my favorite song on the album. I rinsed the dish off and put it to the side and continued onto another dirty plate. I then started to sing the song. Something I hardley did unless I was home by myself. I was always a little self conciuous about my voice since Freddie is such a great singer. I didn't want him to not like me because I sang horribly.

" Another  party is over, and I'm left cold sober. Baby left me for somebody new. I don't wanna talk about it. Want to forget about it. Wanna be intoxicated with, that special brew... So come an-" 

     I then stopped singing and dropped the plate in the sink due to the pair of long arms that wrapped around my waist. My heart was racing and I didn't know what to do.

" Relax darling, it's just me." I turned around to the familiar voice. It was my Freddie. My body relaxed and instead of my heart racing, it was fluttering. I quickly wrapped my arms around him which caused him to stumble back. He didn't say a word though, he just continued to embrace me.

" I missed you."

" I missed you too, darling. I'm sorry I was gone so long." We released our grip fromeach other. I then looked at him and roughly slapped him on the arm.

" Don't ever scare me like that again! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" Freddie dramatically held his arm like he was in excruciating pain.

" I'm also sorry about that, darling. I just couldn't get enough of your voice." I blushed slightly at the thought that Freddie actually liked my singing. I looked down at the floor.

" I didn't sound good."

" No, you didn't sound good... You sounded marvelous! How come you never sang in front of me before?" I picked my head up and looked at him in the eyes.

" I was afraid you might think I sounded terrible, and... Not want to be with me anymore. Afterall, you are a little intimidating." Freddie looked at me with sadness and hurt in his eyes.

" Oh darling, I would never break up with you just because you can't sing good. You are so wonderful in so many ways to where a singing voice can't even compare to how wonderful you really are. And you sing beautifully! I love your voice! And Im not just saying that to be nice, I really mean it. I love you Y/N, and I'm never going to stop loving you." I felt a tear run down my cheek which Freddie also noticed. He pulled me into his arms and hugged me. I rested my face in between his neck and shoulder and just enjoyed the time we had together

" I love you, Y/N." I looked up at Freddie and stared at him.

" I love you too, Freddie." He gave me a passionate kiss and cupped my cheek in his hand.

" So, are you going to continue to sing to the dishes or are you going to come to the bedroom with me?" I stood there for a moment and played with the kitchen towel.

" I think I'll stay with the dishes." I said sarcastically then biting my lip sudductivley.

" You little tease, come here!" I screamed and ran all around my flat trying to get away from Freddie. He eventually got me and carried me over his shoulder to the bedroom where we checked if our vocal chords were functional and if our other " musical instruments" we're also working.

( Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed! Please comment if you have any ideas for another story. I will try to update soon. Thanks for reading! Love y'all!!!- Madison😘💜💜😊)