// 04 //

Delia's POV

I'm sat at a stranger's passenger sit not knowing where we're going. If I told this to my father he'd think I've gone mad, but for once, I don't care what he has to say, all I want was for me to forget about him and what he did earlier.

"Uh... Where are we going?" I managed to say through the soft jazz music playing in the car.

I'm not dumb, I don't know this person and I'm letting him take me to, God knows where, but I didn't learn 4 years of taekwondo for nothing. He may be tough, but I can outsmart him.

He side-eye me for a second then answered, "If you don't mind, I have to go to the vet clinic right now."

"At almost 12:00 AM?" I questioned with a slight raised of my eyebrows.

"Uh yeah, but it'll be quick I swear, if you don't li-" He dragged his sentence but before he can finish I stopped him.

"It's okay for me River. I love animals." I smiled at him.

"Really? what do you like?" He asked. Was it all the street lights or I saw his eyes sparkled.

"Of course a pet, like a dog." I shrugged my shoulders. "But Papa don't like dogs in the house. I kept on begging him for every birthday wish I had when I was little. Can you believe him? He's rarely even home-" I suddenly stopped myself. "I'm talking too much, aren't I?"

"No it's okay. Please do continue." He chuckled and shook his head.

"Nah. I don't want to talk about him anyway." I said and saw him side-eye me again.

There was an awkward pause. and I mentally blamed myself for ruining the mood, but talking about my father doesn't make it better.

"My dog named Lola is giving birth or just gave birth, I have no clue. They said it'll be at 10-11 PM." He managed to break through the awkwardness as I realized now why we're going to the vet.

"Your dog? We're going to see new born puppies?" I asked with excitement. My eyes wide open looking at him for an unnecessary confirmation.

"Yeah. If she gave birth already." He laughed a little, then look at me as we reached a stop light. We held eye contact for four seconds until I look away, fidgeting the end of the dress I'm wearing.

***

After about ten minutes of drive and talks, we parked at a small parking lot of a clinic building. River turned off the car engine and put the keys inside his pocket then checked the time, I heard him whispered "They said about 10-11." before I got out of his car. I waited for him as he walked through the front glass door first. We reached room number 6 and he knocked gently on the wooden door with his strong fist.

A lady opened the door and she smiled as soon as she saw River. "River! Just in time." She said in excitement as she hugged River.

"Where's Lola?" River happily asked the women.

"Oh she's in here, come on in." She motioned her hand inside the room and opened the door more. She finally realized that I'm here and immediately smiled at me as I return the polite gesture.

And there was Lola on a dog crib with her six new born puppies. Most of them are black and brown, but there are also only brown and only black. They were all cleaned up and blindly bumping their head on their mom's body. Lola having her mother's instinct, was licking her baby's bodies not knowing they were already cleaned up.

"They are so cute." I said in awe as I crouched to them and River followed my action.

"They are." He said, a smile never leaving his face. "All six of them made it. All because of my very strong Lola." He sounded like a mother, being a grandmother for the first time. I find it really nice that he cared so much for his pet.

"So, what are the names, do you have them already?" I asked him.

"Oh no, I don't only get to choose the names. My family has to be involved." He stated and looked to the woman, who's doing some paper works on the small table to the corner of the room. "Mrs. Parker, are they on their way right now?" We're now both have our attention to Mrs. Parker.

"Oh River, I called earlier while Lola was giving birth but your Dad said that the kids are already asleep and they don't want to leave them alone at your house. But they'll visit, right away, tomorrow morning." She said and was about to go back on her paper works but River asked another question.

"How about Rain?" He asked her again. Rain, that name sounded familiar, when did I heard it. My eyes widened as I realized that she was the woman earlier at the Art Gallery.

"Oh she just went here. She left about 15 minutes before you came in." She stated.

"River, if you don't mind me asking who's Rain?" I asked River, looking at him.

"I knew you're gonna asked. She's my sister. I saw you two talking to each other at your Art gallery." He answered back and I nodded my head at him, confirming that I understand.

He did saw me before, but who am I kidding, it's my Art Gallery event, of course he's gonna somehow look for me, or that's what I think what most people would do. "I really love your Art, by the way." He said standing up, and stretching his back a little.

"Really? Why?" I asked in a little disbelief. Following his action, I stood up and looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"I love how your paintings focuses on nature and animals. You're very talented Deliah." He said.

I could feel my cheeks turning into the shade of tomato as I looked anywhere else but him.

~

hi

oh my god its been a while

but the next chapter will have more river x deliah interaction i promise

PLS VOTE AND COMMENT ITLL BE NICE TO KNOW PEOPLE LIKE MY STORY HEHUDHSHA

ok bye

update soon

.
.
-el