Waiting for You

Dragon University Campus

Zhao Yunlan slowly walked through the corridors of the university. There were many sweet and sad memories in his life with this place. He found his love here and he lost his love here.

His memories traveled back to the day he first met his love. His first love! His only love!

Yunlan got transferred to Dragon University in the last year of his studies as his mother was sick.

It was his first day and he started walking in the corridor after taking directions to his class. He's walking while observing the campus and something interesting caught his eye.

There's a person sitting under a tree and reading a book without noticing what's happening around him. Yunlan started walking towards him unconsciously. His heart started beating fast when he's getting near to him.

That person sat under the tree while reading book from the university library. His silky hair moving beautifully with the wind and that didn't disturb him from his studies but a shadow. He looked at that direction and saw Yunlan standing near him with his hand on his heart.

He smiled at Yunlan as a greeting. Yunlan on the other hand got hypnotized with the beauty in front of him. He knew that beautiful and elegance are the words that are used to describe woman, but here, Yunlan's sure that no woman can be as beautiful and elegant as this person in front of him. He fell in love with him at first sight.

He looked at Yunlan for a while who's still standing without even blinking. He slowly stood and introduced himself.

"Hi, I am.." his words didn't even complete

"mine!"

"What?" he was shocked and didn't even know how to respond to that. Yunlan suddenly came out of trance and answered with an awkward smile and showed the book.

"I mean my subject!" his heart beating fast and he doubt it may explode at any time. How stupid he is. What if he thinks of him as bully or a psychopath!

"Oh, I'm Shen Wei. Which class are you from?"

Yunlan answered him and when he heard he is from the same class as Shen Wei, he started jumping with joy in his heart.

They became good friends and slowly their friendship bloomed into love. Days turned into a year so fast. Shen Wei got a job in a Multi National Company and Yunlan decided to join in Police department like his father.

That day, Yunlan called Shen Wei to meet him at their favorite place as he has a surprise. Yunlan already stood there waiting for him with a flower bouquet and when he went there and gave him the bouquet and wished him "Happy anniversary Love!"

What Anniversary? It was only few months since they confessed their love with each other then what is it with anniversary? Shen thought himself.

"What? Don't say you forgot this day!" said sulking Yunlan.

It made Shen Wei felt guilty. "I'm sorry Ah Lan."

"Today is the day, we first met and it was here under this tree." He caressed the tree and made a pouting while looking at Shen Wei.

He looked so cute to Shen Wei. He took Yunlan's hand and hugged him tight. They loosened their hug and looked each other. Shen Wei took initiative and closed the gap between their lips. It's their first kiss, for both of them, so sweet and gentle.

Yunlan checked his pocket and suddenly ran towards his car.

"Xiao Wei, I'll be back. Just wait for me"

****************************************

It was the last time he saw his Xiao Wei. Will he forgive him for disappearing on him without a word.

He went directly to their place and stood under that tree. He touched his pocket. Memories of them started pouring into his mind. He closed his eyes but a tear rolled down his cheek. He murmured in himself " will you forgive me Xiao Wei?"

"I never blamed you in the first place Ah Lan!" a voice spoke startling Yunlan. He immediately opened his eyes and shocked to see Shen Wei standing infront of him. Just like that day..

"Xiao Wei.. I... You..." he couldn't find words after seeing his love. He thought of many things to say when he see him. But now, he couldn't even utter a word to him. They were silent looking each other longingly. Shen Wei opened his arms wide inviting Yunlan for a hug. Yunlan didn't waste a second and immediately hugged him. He sobbed for a while saying "sorry" all the time.

Shen Wei loosened his hug and looked at Yunlan. He wiped his tears and said "I know you wouldn't leave me. I believed you have a reason for not showing up till now"

"That day when I went to my car, my dad came and took me with him without listening to my words. There was a threat to my life and people around me because of a criminal my father caught. So he hid me these days in another city. He made it clear that if I wish to keep you safe, I have to stay away from you until this mess was cleared which was cleared yesterday. I remember you got the job, but I didn't know where to find you. So, I came here with a hope to meet you!" He hugged him again tightly.

"I didn't take that job but joined as a professor here!"

"Why? That was your dream job."

"Didn't you say "wait for me?" Here I'm waiting for you Ah Lan!"

Yunlan was speechless. He's overwhelmed with his love. He kissed him passionately pouring all his love into that kiss.

He wanted to propose him that day but forgot the ring in the car. He took ring from his pocket, asked him "will you Marry me"

"Yes"

"It's been a year again Yunlan. Happy Anniversary!"

They overcome the obstacles and succeeded in their love and lived happily ever after.