Chapter 2: Run for your Life!

Raven and Murphy just looked at each other for a few moments, before realizing the situation they were in. Murphy broke her gaze as he looked around, frantically, to find some way to open the cage door. He noticed a key hanging from a hook a few feet away from the cage. Wow these guards were stupid, he thought to himself. Murphy grabbed the keys, unlocked the cage, and ran to untie Raven. 

"Can you stand?", he asked her quietly. She took a moment to respond but nodded. Murphy put an arm around her shoulders just in case and led her outside of the cage. He heard voices coming from the corridor leading into the clearing and realized they had to run. Raven was still too weak, so he swiftly picked her up and sprinted over to where he had entered the cave. The two of them left, just like that. And not five seconds later, outraged voices could be heard from inside the cave. 

Murphy didn't break his sprint for at least three miles, running as fast and as far away as possible. He started to slow down, and ended up covering another five miles. But he was tired; Carrying Raven while running at top speed was hard. He slowed down even more to find a large tree trunk to hide behind, and set Raven down. She groaned. 

Murphy reached into his backpack to get his canteen. He shook her a little to get her awake again. 

"Hey Raven. Please wake up. Here, drink some of this," he said, holding the canteen to her lips. She opened her mouth and swallowed a little bit, and then went back to her stupor. He looked around the dusking forest and saw no signs of movement whatsoever. Murphy decided that they would rest for a few hours and then pick up speed again. They were almost back to Arkadia, back home.