Jacob

ᴊᴀᴄᴏʙ ғʀʏᴇ x ғᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ! ᴘʀᴏsᴛɪᴛᴜᴛᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

He caught your attention as soon as he stepped trough the door

He caught your attention as soon as he stepped trough the door. Jacob's eyes scanned the room in a hurry until they landed on your approaching figure and a smirk appeared on his face.

"Oh dear, if that isn't the infamous Jacob Frye." You smiled at him, glad that the assassin's presence distracted you from the tight, (color) corset around your waist that made the stuffy, perfumed air even more unbearable than it already was. "But aren't there two of you? Where's your other half?"

The man grimaced as if he tasted something bitter. "My lovely sister is quite busy making out with a particular slug named Henry Green."
"So that's why you honor us with your visit? You might want to overthink that decision. Believe me, this place is far worse than what you fled from."

"I'm aware", he allow you to escort him to an isolated corner where you could speak in peace."but at least I can see you." Unlike the other men's usual flirtatious comments, Jacob's didn't leave you unfazed. A light blush rushed onto your cheeks and a smile formed your tinted lips. "Still as charming as I remeber." Jacob grinned sheepishly, but was proud nonetheless to have turned your skin such a delicate color.

You were about to ask if he wanted to wait for your shift to end, so that you could hang out afterwards, but a loud voice made you close your mouth instead and darken your expression. "(Name), gorgeous! Come and serve us another drink!"

A group of men laughed loudly whilst one of them waved his left arm- the other was wrapped around your coworkers waist, who was seated on the guy's lap. Jacob watched you put on a happy face before you went over to their seats.
He couldn't help but frown.

Whilst you were busy, the twin took a seat on a velvet chair, declined sexual offers and kept you in clear sight. There was something he was dying to tell you and he would wait the whole night if he needed to. But he seemed to have a stroke of luck as you wandered towards him after just one hour.

"Let's get a room, shall we? We can talk there without disturbance." Although Jacob did not want to admit it, he became nervous. "Won't they get the wrong idea? Your colleagues, I mean." You make a dismissive gesture. "They won't care. We're in a place where things like that are common, you remeber?" He only nodded and followed you towards a counter where he waited till you finished talking to a tall woman. Just a little bit later you are back at his side, happily waving a shiny key that dangled on a burgundy leather strap.

On your way to the rooms, you were accompanied by jealous glances. Women as well as men seemed eager to be in either Jacob's or your position. You only rolled your eyes, but couldn't suppress a proud smirk.

Rarely has one been lucky enough to have accompanied a handsome man, and although nothing would happen between Jacob and you, no one was aware, and so the observers cooked with envy, and you with confidence.

"It seems to me, your admirer want to stab me with their eyes", Jacob whispered. You giggled in the loveliest way one has ever heard. "The same goes for yours, the good ladies look like they're going to jump at my throat every moment."

__

Burgundy. Almost everything was painted in the color of a grapevine.
Walls, parket, furniture- there was no escape from that monochrome hell. Even the light had a red hue.

Jacob swallowed visibly as you locked the wooden door- burgundy- behind you and plopped onto a king-sized bed. (Guess the blanket's color)
"So, tell me, Mister Frye. What really brought you here? Besides a snogging couple." "Please never say that again."
Jacob gagged- quite convincingly if I may add.

Admittedly, fooling around with him was pretty fun. Whenever the assassin came to visit, your plain everyday life, that mostly consisted of pleasing men and looking pretty, tumbled over and turned into a bright mess of jokes, giggles and stories of thrilling missions from which you could not get enough of.

But now, as his chestnut eyes looked down at you, fierce and warm, you saw insistence flicker through them.

"Yeah... there really is something important I have to tell you."

You patted the spot next to you, but Jacob shook his head. "Could you please stand up for a second?"

What did he want from you?

"Sure?" You stood across from him, arms on your hips. "Could you also close your eyes please?"
"Should I take my dress off too?"
He shook his head hastily, ears almost as red as the room itself.
A competition maybe? "Who would most likely pass as fresh wine?" Something like that.

"No! Please don't. I mean- not that I wouldn't like you to. Wait, no! It's just- you know what? I give up."
"Relax. I'll close my eyes. No removed clothes. Understood."

Jacob took a deep breath and exhaled as if he was about to take his last breath before he would drown.
"Okay. My eyes are closed."
"I can see that."
"Good. Then?"

His hand found yours and just now you realised that he was shaking.
"Are you feeling unwell, Jacob?"
"No, I'm fine", the man muttered and shifted from one foot to another, before he placed his other hand on the small of your back and started to... sway?

Yes, really. He pulled you closer and moved as if there was cozy music playing in the background.
"What are you doing?" "Dancing."
"Can I open my eyes then? How else should I see if I'm about to bruise your toes by stepping on them?"
Warm breath tickled your ear.
"Wait."

Suddenly his lips planted delicate kisses down your neck. It felt completely different then how your costumers did it. Not rough and lustfull, but filled with caution and love. Timid, almost like a butterfly settling on your neck.

Jacob carefully moved the fabric of your shoulder and continued caressing your bare skin. "What's that supposed to mean?", you muttered breathless. And confused.

He kept quiet and continued leaving trails of kisses. Slowly he wandered back upwards and stopped in front of your lips. "Can I kiss you?"

Not waiting for an answer, Jacob pressed his lips onto yours, moved them calmly. You returned the kiss even though you knew something wasn't right.

"I love you." It was just a whisper, quiet and almost inaudible, but still there. Jacob said it. Your heart wanted to burst. With sadness? Or joy? You didn't know.

Not long after these spoken words, you moved away, opened your eyes and gifted your opponent a bitter smile.

"Jacob."

He hummed.

"You know we can't be together, right?"

_______________________________________

Requested by: /