Echo and Roan interchanged a look. It wasn't tested, she could die. Fuck, Sam, what's wrong with you! We got to the throne room, each clan had a post with a candle on it that was to be put out once their Champion died.

- "Why did you let her fight for you? You know fully well she won't hurt my sister."

- "You should leave with your people, Skaikru."

They both moved to their side, next to their light as I looked around for Kane, he was pacing back and forth from our post to the wall; I would have assumed he'd be able to hide his worries by now. Clearly not. Trikru's post was next to us, Indra just next to it.

- "So, it's true." –she eyed me- "Samantha is fighting for the enemy."

- "I'm sure she has a plan, Indra."

- "To save you or all her people?"

I noticed exactly how she enunciated those words: she didn't mean 'you' as in Skaikru but me in particular, she didn't mean Azgeda either with 'her people' or else she'd have said 'clan'; by 'people' she meant those of us she cared about. I was certain that included Indra, maybe not for how close Sam was to her but more so for O. Octavia.

- "I must tell you." –Indra moved closer to me and whispered- "There's an Alliance to take down Azgeda first."

- "What! How many?"

- "6 Champions." –I tried to keep calm, that was half the contestants going after Sam, not to count Luna who'd be dying to kill whoever stood in her way- "Samantha wasn't supposed to be there, I'm sorry."

- "How do you know about this?"

- "Because I started it."

The horn sounded proclaiming the beginning of the Final Conclave. I gulped as I looked at the balcony. Whatever you're planning Sam, just keep O and yourself alive. I can't lose either of you, not again.

     After talking to Kane and Bellamy, I moved to my post, deciding it was best to follow their instructions until I saw Sam

     After talking to Kane and Bellamy, I moved to my post, deciding it was best to follow their instructions until I saw Sam. Surely, she'd have a plan. As the horn was all the noise I could hear, I braced myself for what was to come.

I started walking around the city, moving low and staying hidden as much as I could. I heard the clash of swords so I went in the other direction, towards a small street. Bad choice: another Champion was there and, as soon as he saw me, he started running after me. I had to hide. I ran through small corridors trying to lose him, throwing stuff on his way and finally having enough advantage to hide under a fallen metallic structure over which he jumped. I stood there, waiting until I heard him jump down screaming; there was a small hole at the other side of where I was hiding, so I moved closer, seeing my persecutor and Luna. That was close.