"Hey! It's alright! We-we'll get out of this! Is your cheek okay?" Henry tried his best to calm my sobs that were echoing in the hall. 

"Don't you see?!" I cried louder. "My father's dead, you're going to be killed, my mother is all alone, I'll be sold off to some perverts while my sister will become a lowlife whore!" I wailed

Henry sighed, looking down sadly. "That's strangely specific.." He muttered under his breath taking a breath. 

I took a shaky breath, sniffling. "W-which is a shame really...I actually liked you.." tears streamed down my face. "The first man to ever show me a hint of kindness without having to touch me.." 

Henry smiled softly. "What's the point of touching a woman when you know you can't keep her." He joked. 

I let out a small half hearted giggled, sniffling again. "You're about to be executed, and you're making jokes?" 

"You're laughing at them." He chuckled. 

"You got me there.."

I stared blankly, relaxing my arms, sinking into the bed, letting out a sigh.

A nun sat down on Henry's bed, gently dabbing at his face. Henry pulled away. "Please leave me sister.."

"I don't believe you're a coward, any of you. She turned to me with a smile. I immediately recognized her, shooting up with a happy gasp. 

"Corina!" I half shouted. Henry looked very much confused. 

"Shh!" Corina hissed, placing a hand on mine. "How are you (y/n)?" 

I giggled, shaking my head. "You tell me. What of you?" 

"I've been arrested and accused of witchcraft."

"Child's play." I teased.

"Tell me about it." She laughed. "And you?"

"Trialed for treason after being attacked by monster, and accused of being delusional." I huffed.

Corina smiled smugly with a small laugh.

"Umm...Who are you?" Henry asked, staring at Corina. 

Corina turned back to Henry, her expression changing back to serious.

"I've risked my life to come here. To see if the rumors are true." She whispered. 

"Do you speak of the trident?" I piped up.

"Who are you?" Henry asked again.

"Tell me why you seek the trident?" She hissed. 

"The trident can break any curse at sea." Henry responded. "My father was trapped by such a curse."

"You're aware that curse is not supported by science?" Corina sighed. 

"Neither are ghosts." I rolled my eyes.

"So you've both gone man?" She groaned. "I never should have come here.." 

"Then why did you come here?" Henry snapped.

"Henry!!" I glared. "Don't be so rude!" 

"Because I need to get off this island, to solve the map..."Corina began.

"...No man can read, Left by Poseidon himself." Henry finished, staring in disbelief. "You've read the ancient text?" 

I looked back at the two, gawking with confusion. "Ummm..."

"In each language they were written." She responded, staring back.

"But this map has never been seen or read, by any man!"

"Luckily I, am a woman." Corina smirked, reaching into her pocket, pulling out a small journal.

I peered over, my eyebrows raised. I recognized the book. Corina always had it with her as a child. 

"The diary of Galileo Galilei." I pointed out. "The one your father left for you?" 

Henry turned to me surprised.

"Indeed." Corina smiled. "He spent his life searching for the Trident. It's why he invented the spyglass. Why astronomers spend their lives staring into the sky." 

Henry scoffed. "So you're saying the map no man can read, is hidden in the stars?"

Corina nodded. "Just has (Y/N) said before, It was left to me by my father. He believed I could find it...what no man has ever found." She stared down at the journal. "I will not let him down."

I smiled, sighing softly. "I'm glad you still have your spark of adventure, and that book, even if I still don't believe in this fairy tale nonsense."

Henry flashed me a perplexed and annoyed look. "We were attacked by dead pirates! Was that not enough proof for you?"

Corina chuckled, shaking her head. "Still skeptical as ever (Y/N)..."

I nodded, grinning teasingly.

"Soon, there will be a blood moon, only then can the map be read." She explained to both me and Henry. "And the Trident found."

Henry stared, still not quite understanding what was happening at the moment.

"Who are you?" He asked once more.

She opened her mouth to answer, when the booming voice of the General from before echoed through the halls, scaring all three of us. 

"CORINA SMYTH"

"Corina...!" I panicked. 

Corina nodded, turning to Henry, slipping something into his hand, whispering, "If you have to save your father you'll have to save me."

With pleading eyes, I bit my lip, calling out to Corina. "No! Please don't leave!"

She smiled reassuringly, squeezing my hand. "Find us a ship, and the Trident will be ours." 

And with that, she ran off, attempting to distract the guards. 

Henry quickly used, what seemed to be a metal pin, to pick the lock on his chains, then quietly making his way over to me to do the same. 

As the last chain was undone, Henry grabbed my hand, quickly tip toeing our way out, all the while, my eyes filled with tears as I watched Corina being held against the wall, once again being arrested. 

We made it through the front door, rain began to sprinkle as the echo's of the redcoats faded the farther we got.

"They're gone sir!" One of the men cried.

"Find that coward, and the girl!" The General growled. "They'll hang with the witch!"

Welp! That's the end of Chapter 2! Took a while, oops. Sorry for the delay, I went on vacation, and my computer crashed T^T. But I'm back now!! Hope you enjoy as much as I did writing this! 

-BlueCanterella

!