Chapter 2 Sorry, Not Sorry!

"I'm fine." The girl beside me claims in a shaky voice, completely ruining her previous statement. I look at her and I know I have met her before. Her name is just there, on the tip of my tounge. I wrack my brains for a name... Scarlett Darlings. She is the school bitch, and in sixth grade she set fire to the science text books in a great act of rebellion. I don't want to make either of us uncomfortable with the information that I know her though, so I keep my mouth shut. Raising one eyebrow I look at her. We enter the clinic and she slumps onto a chair, a sob escaping her lips. "I'm fine" she sobs again, "They didn't touch me." She sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than me.
"Just because they didn't get to touching you doesn't mean you have to be fine." I claim trying to reconcile the poor girl. She breaks. I do have to say, it is kind of heart breaking. A sixteen-year-old girl hunched over in a crappy clinic chair bawling her eyes out. Not being good at emotions, and connecting to people I step to the side as a nurse walks over and comforts her.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I leave as soon as I am sure she is okay and that she defiantly has a ride home. It's been a long night. Scarlett had mumbled her appreciation through her sobs but I just waved her off. Anyone would have done it, well should've done it.
I reach my house after five minutes, and unlock the door just as the first few drips of rain hit my scalp. I quickly shut the door behind me, making sure to not let too much cold air in. I drop my bag on the floor beside the shoe rack, somehow I have managed to keep hold of it the whole time, and slip of my boots. I lean my head against the door as I lock it again, mumbling to myself"God I'm tired!"
Groaning, I make my way up the stairs to my room, careful to avoid the junk layed out everywhere on the floor. I open my door and head straight to my bed. Before I jump in I strip and put some PJ's on. I set an alarm for six AM still grumbling, "And seriously Chace, I knew you were a bad boy but surely that's too far." Pulling the covers over my head I snuggle into my double bed. I was out like a light in a matter of micro seconds.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I wake up to the unrelenting blare of my alarm. God six AM is too early! But far to necessary. With a house full of 7 people, yes 7, four of these being teenagers, one a fully grown man and the other two preteens, it's a battle to get into the single shower room in the mornings.
Grabbing a set of clothes for the day, and a towel, I head into the wreckage I call a hallway.
The floor was littered with dirty, and probably clean boxers, as well as the devil of a creation known as Lego. I jump and weave my way over and around the scrap heap and head to the bathroom door, which was marked out by a blue fish one of my brothers had stuck on there a few years ago.
I push open the door to one of my brothers, Tyler, stark naked and brushing his teeth.
I scream and slam the door facing back out into the hallway. Did he not know how to lock a door or something? He's been on this planet almost eighteen years and still hasn't got that far! " Tyler!" I scream, "Do you not know what a fuc-fudging lock is?" I ask, still yelling. I hear him chuckle behind the door which only makes me more pissed off. Ugh screw these brothers!
"Okay I'm decent now, you can come in!" He hollers through the wood door. I turn around and swing the door back open. I step In to see him with a towel wrapped around his waist. I slap him upside the head and he groans. "Ooowwww!" He wines like a child, "What was that for?"
"Out." I growl at him. He grins, nods, looks down, and freezes.
"What happened to your wrist?" he asks in a dangerously low tone. Fuck! He's gone into overprotective brother mode.
"Nothing." I reply hastily, " I'll tell you later, now out, I need to shower!" He grumbles but agrees to leave me, only with the promise that we'll talk later. Not.
I turn the shower on so it's luke warm, and step in. I take a look at my wrist, and sure enough it is swollen, blue and a little green. It's painful but I've gotten good at ignoring aches like that so it's not too bad.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I stand under the harsh spray of the shower for a minute, just thinking. Thinking about Chace, about how much of a douche he is. How does he have the right to do that to a girl, to touch her to... Well you get where I'm going. I subconsciously do my hair and lather my body in soap. Just as I was about to turn the water off there's a knock at the door.
"Give me a minute!" I yell as I turn off the water and hop out the bath. I grab my towel and quickly dry off. I get my clothes from the toilet seat and hurriedly get changed. I have already done my teeth so I head straight to the door and open it. Cory, my twin brother, is standing there, tapping his foot in mock inpatients. I grin at him and can see the tug of a smile on his lips. Slipping past him, I drop my towel off at my room and trudge down stairs to make the gang breakfast.
My mum used to make us all breakfast in the morning, but since she died a few years ago a lot of the responsibilities have fallen to me, being the oldest child that was willing to help. I am actually the third oldest. First there's Tyler, (shower brother) who's seventeen and a half, he likes to add the half. He's more like seven. Next comes Sammy, he's seventeen. He was born in the same year as Tyler, just nine months later. Then its me, hi! I'm sixteen. Now my twin brother Cory. I'm older than him by three minutes, so obviously he's sixteen too. Then it's the only other girl in the house, my baby sister Jasmine. She's thirteen. Finally the youngest of us, Matteo, who's twelve. Of course there is also dad, but he's often very busy with work.
I finish plating up the colossal amount of bacon, sausage and eggs I have been making and sit at the breakfast bar. I pick up my cup of coffee with my left had, but immediately drop it with a thump. Scolding liquid spills over the sides of the cup, landing on my bare hand and the table. I curse lightly under my breath as I run my hand under cold water. My wrist starts to throb gently again. I am going to need to wrap it. I grab the first aid kit and find the bandage. I wrap it round, making sure its not too tight, but tight enough to support it, then I finish it off with some tape to keep the bandage in place. Then I sit back down and start eating.
Within minutes of me finishing my meal we are all out the door. Some of my siblings with bacon hanging out their mouth, others with headphones in their ears. The four of us, Tyler, Sammy, Cory and I, all pack into the minivan, whereas dad and the other two get into the car. Us four are heading to the high school, Cory and I in junior year, the other two in senior. We reach the school in a few minutes, and I jump out and walk inside without a second glance to my boys. I head over to my locker, and fill in the combination. I place in unwanted books and retrieve needed ones. Shutting the locker, I turn to face the hallway. Across the hall I see a pale, blue and black Chace. His face is swollen and I am proud to announce that his nose is definitely broken! A small smirk crosses my lips as he meets my gaze and immediately looks down again. Chuckling lightly to myself, I make my way to my first period, history. Even though I came out on top, I am still slightly scared of the boy. Well, lets be honest, the bruises just make him look more terrifying.