Part 4

[Izaya's pov]

I caught the pillow Ariel threw at me. At this moment I  finally had realised how out there she was, even when she didn't intend to. I mean letting a stranger go in your home and then licking them, it's odd yet brave seeing how it was me. I stared at her then put the pillow on the couch.

"Good night Izaya, oh I'll be leaving at 6am so.." Ariel said then gave me a hand motion to leave, with her hair flowing when she did so. After that she left me alone in her living room while she slept in her room.

I observed her living room and then the kitchen. Ariel's decorating was very light with the only dark thing in her house being a brown coffee machine. She had a lot of art everywhere from different artists, countries, time periods. Everything was all over the place and bright the only theme that I could find was the fact that everything was colorful and alive. There was a little green Buddha statues sitting on the corner and the last supper painting on her wall despite the fact she claims herself to be an atheist. It was organised chaos.

The more I tried to make sense of the place the more excited I became. Everything I thought I knew about her was just thrown out the window she was a breath of fresh air. As I looked around I then was disturbed by the growling cream pomeranian. "Shh you little beast.." I said to the thing as I sat down on the couch. "God I really don't get why humans like things like you so much, if anything you're just a waste of money" I said annoyed as I covered myself with the blanket Ariel gave me then layed down staring at the ceiling.

I woke up at 4am at the sound of the small beast moving and the ringing of its collar. I stood up and walked torwards the bedroom silently. I must've made a noise because when I opened the door to see Ariel sleeping she was already rubbing her eyes and looking at me. She looked beautiful in the white sleeping gown she was wearing, much like an angel..no..she is still just human and that's the way I like it.

"Nghh.." she made a small grunt before sitting up " It's 4 am Izaya...what is it?" "Nothing I just wanted to see the resting face of my cute little human" "nghhh.." she grunted more and covered herself under all the light colored bedsheets. "Not a morning person?" "It's actually the opposite...once the sun rises I'm up with it.." she mumbled "the sun rises within an hour" "I know..so let me sleep a bit more..if I can get any" "oh well guess I'll get going now, bye bye my little-" She stood up from her bed "Nah don't leave yet.. I have to feed you breakfast" I stared at her confused but I decided to do as she said.

She walked to the bathroom did her stuff and then after she came out she gave me a new toothbrush inside the packaging "I bought it a while ago but never used it because of the colors" She said as she gave it to me then left to the kitchen to make breakfast. The toothbrush was red, did she not like red? I know she wears it on certain occasions, those being dates most of the times.

I went inside her bathroom and it was quite dull compared to the rest of the rooms, it was all white. But I guess that can be excused with the fact that if she were to put anything here it would be caught up with the steam and then with a couple of years get ruined, or at least if it was a painting. I washed my mouth and face then looked at her toothbrush, it was Turquoise her favorite color. I held the door knob and opened it. The smell of eggs and bacon hit me as I left the bathroom.

I walked torwards the kitchen and saw Ariel in her white sleeping gown which went up to her knees. "Oh you're done already? That was quick hehe" She smiled to herself as she was almost done with the food. 'Is this a dream?' I thought to myself 'I know that she is just doing this as a host but.. it feels nice..' I sat down on the kitchen table and she gave me some coffee, it was bitter just how I like it. Ariel then gave me my breakfast and went on to feed her dog. I stared at the eggs, bacon and toast before digging in. 'This is really good! This must be a dream!' I kept thinking to myself.

"Izaya what's an information broker? I know it's basically digging up dirt on people but there has to be more to it right?" She asked as she let her dog out of its cage, but before doing so making sure the baby gate she had in the kitchen was closed. "Information brokers are information research consultants. They locate, analyze and interpret information for you. Individuals, businesses, government agencies, colleges and others hire brokers to do research for them. ... Some brokers perform other information services, from designing web pages to teaching and writing." "Hm..that seems cool, I'd still pick my job over any other though hehe, I get summer off and Christmas break!" Ariel said with a big smile on her face as she got licked on the face by her little puppy. I simply shook my head as I finished and took a sip of my coffee "You're such a child" I said "If being a child means that I get breaks here and there, I'm happy then"