one

ǝʌoɹɓɹɐɥ ʎllıq

THE LIE

"Beth," Ms

"Beth," Ms. He derson softly called as she opened the door of her only daughter's room, peeping her head inside. "It's time for school, honey. And Nancy's here."

Elizabeth Henderson, Beth, rolled over in her sheets, letting out a soft hum to let her mother know she was awake. Sunbeams kissed her cheeks while the morning doves resting on her window sill opened her ears with their music.

A groan rang out in Beth's room, her feet padding across the wooden floors to her dresser.

She carefully chose a black 'ACDC' shirt with ripped blue jeans and her regular dirty white shoes.

She then gently applied light mascara and lip gloss with her natural wavy hair.

A smile made it's way up to her glossed lips as she looked at her final product in the mirror. With one last dusting of perfume she was ready to go.

"Nancy!"

"You know, Beth?" Nancy smiled, lightly tugging one of Beth's loose brown curls with a grin. "You are just about the only girl I know who can wear these types of clothes and look great in them." Nancy giggled.

Beth scoffed and shrugged, pulling her car door closed. "Whatever, Nance." She yawned.

Beth's black Mustang fired up, the engine purring softly as it woke up. "That," Beth sighed with a smile. "Is how a car should sound!" She yelled, turning up her favorite song as it blasted through the streets of Hawkins.

Going way past the speed limit, Beth zipped out of her neighborhood and drove to school with 'Wango Tango' playing, much to Nancy's dismay, loud enough to be heard outside of the tinted windows.

Upping her speed, Beth drummed her hands on the steering wheel to the fast beat of the heavy music. Scream singing the lyrics and wildly shaking her head, Beth Henderson pulled into Hawkins High with a beaming smile on her pink lips.

"Woo!" Beth yipped as she grabbed her sunglasses from the console. "What an amazing song, wouldn't you agree, Nance?" She giggled, seeing Nancy stare her down with her infamous death glare.

"Let's go, Beth, I'm gonna miss first period!" Nancy ordered, unbuckling her seat belt and scurrying out of the car before Beth even lit her cigarette.

"See you at lunch!" Beth heard Nancy call as she met up with the one and only; king Steve Harrington.

Taking a long drag of her cigarette, Beth pushed her sunglasses onto the bridge of her nose and slammed her car door shut, walking to the front doors where kids gossiped and made weekend plans.