O.W.L. Results

After putting it back in its right place, Uncle Severus searched the rest of the afternoon for a spell that would return my piano to it's original state. He had no luck. The next morning, when I came back in after running, he was looking through books again, trying to find an answer.

"Your O.W.L.s came in." He stated as I walked past, not bothering to look up from the book he was currently searching through. I gave him a nod of thanks and went into the kitchen, where I saw the large, square envelope sitting on the counter. As I got closer, I realized that it had already been opened. Of course; Uncle Severus had already looked at them. I carefully pulled out the parchment and unfolded it.

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results

It said across the top. Under neath it, it read,

Pass Grades:

Outstanding (O)

Exceeds Expectations (E)

Acceptable (A)

and

Failed Grades

Poor (P)

Dreadful (D)

Troll (T)

Then, below it all, was my scores. I nervously went down the list.

Eleanor Winifred Snape has achieved:

Arithmacy                                                  O

Astronomy                                                O

Care of Magical Creatures                 A

Charms                                                       E

Defense Against the Dark Arts        E

Herbology                                                A

History of Magic                                    A

Potions                                                     D

Transfiguration                                   E

I smiled down at the paper, realizing that I didn't do as badly as I thought I was going to do. Even in Potions. True, I failed, but it wasn't a T! And two Os? I did very well!

Feeling proud of myself, I went into the sitting room, still holding my scores.

"I got two Os." I handed it to my Uncle, although he had already seen it. He took the parchment from me.

"I know. And three Es." He handed it back. "You did well. I wonder if Vincent did the same."

"Hm." I thought. That was a good question. He needed lots of O.W.L.s to be a healer, and the whole week he wasn't so sure about how he had done. "Maybe I should Floo and ask."

"Sounds like a good idea." Uncle Severus mumbled, going back to searching. I threw some Floo Powder into the fireplace and sat in front of it. Wyatt's face appeared in the fire.