The Rat Race (Ratbeard's 1st Promotion)

(Pirate Captain in this story: Seamus Warren; Privateer)

(Side Note: Another all class companion, but I decided to let Seamus Warren host this one, I'll let someone else host an all class companion later. And as for my other class pirate characters, they're experiences in this promotion are somewhat the same, only the fighting style is different each)

After collecting the silk they need to give the Monquistan tailor in return for the proper suit for Captain Seamus Warren, Ratbeard just remembered something. So he tells his captain, "Since ye've took me on yer crew, I have a matter I must see to. Let's talk in a Tavern."

So Seamus docked The Majestic Falcon to the closest port with a Tavern, Scrimshaw; which Seamus is glad to visit again since he was raised there. He and his crew went to the Hole in the Wall Tavern and in the cellar to discuss Ratbeard's predicament.

Once in the cellar Ratbeard tells them, "Back when I was preparin' to go after Gunn's gold, I needed some money to recruit me lads and impress the treacherous Waponis. I got that money by selling my best Blade and Captain's Finery to Bill Bobstay." Seamus spoke up, "I've met him once, while I was raised by rats, he lives in Scrimshaw as a pawn broker. He owns a small shop next to this very tavern." Ratbeard smiled, "Good, for the blade I carried during the whole Gunn's Gold expedition is all rusty and the clothes I'm wearing are all rags, I reckon it's time I get my good ones back."

With Seamus and Ratbeard leading the way, they went to Bill Bobstay's shop and asked him for Ratbeard's sword and clothes. Bobstay answered, "Sorry, but they were sold. The clothes went to 'Twitchy' Jake Creedy, an old friend of Ratbeard's as I recall..." Ratbeard interrupts saying, "No such thing! That black hearted scoundrel is no friend of mine! I'll take my things back by force if need be!"

"That's your business, not mine." Bobstay says, "And I think Creedy and his crew have taken up in the Dockside Warehouse if ye want your things back."

Feeling the urge to get his old coat back, Ratbeard rushed to the warehouse. Seamus and the crew had to follow since they have the feeling Creedy isn't gonna hand it back gladly. Upon entering, Jake Creedy (who's at the moment wearing Ratbeard's clothing) taunts Ratbeard that the clothing fits him better. 

Feeling insulted, Ratbeard charged, but got blocked by Creedy's three crewmen

Feeling insulted, Ratbeard charged, but got blocked by Creedy's three crewmen. This prompted Seamus, Egg Shen, Emmett, Frida, Bonnie Anne, Gaspard De Vole, Old Scratch, Itzen Kaan and Nanu Nanu to join in.

After defeating Creedy and his crew, he gives Ratbeard his coat and hat back as he mutters "I could hardly stand the smell of 'em anyway..."

Now with his clothes back in his possession, Ratbeard then decides to go back to Bobstay, since he still hasn't found his favourite blade. When they arrived back, they asked Bobstay about the sword and he answered "The Sword was purchased by One-Eyed Jack, over in Flotsam. Is he an ally of yours?"

"We'll see about that." Ratbeard replies. As they are heading out, Seamus quickly says to Bobstay, "If you ever run into Lance Sterling, tell him I said hi." The pawn broker nodded in promise since he knew what Seamus is talking about.