Voices

"Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him." 

"Go away!" the young boy whispered harshly as he pulled at his thick wavy locks. 

"Why won't you do it? He hurts us. He needs to pay." Tears streamed down his face as he tried desperately to ignore the disembodied voices only he could hear. 

They had been haunting him for months now. Ever since his mother had died and his father had become abusive. It had gotten so bad that he didn't only hear them in his dreams; his nightmares. He heard them everywhere.

<<<|>>> 

He was about to fall asleep when he heard his father coming into their home. He heard the man trip and stumble due to his drunken state. 

The boy's body tensed as he heard the soft creaking of his bedroom door as it opened. However he forced himself to relax and pretend to be asleep; in hopes his father would leave him alone. But the effort was very quickly proven to be in vain. 

The drunken creature the boy called father, tore the sheets off of him and began to beat him as he shouted profanities and accusations until the poor child starting crying out from the pain each blow caused. He then lifted the child and roughly threw him onto the floor, standing there a moment to admire his work before walking away.

"Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. He hurt us! He must pay! He must pay! He must pay!" The endless mantra haunted him until he agreed.

 "Yeah, pay." The boy whispered. "He hurt us. How dare he!"

He has no recollection of what happened next. All he knew was that the man begged and cried for mercy, for forgiveness. But he never gave it. The sight of the bloody, cut up man before him made him smile. "That's what you get, old man."

"I hear voices. My only mistake is talking back."