Chapter 18: Confess

Kaede's Pov
I walked out the classroom with Shuichi, as I looked over to Maki and Kaito classroom I saw Kaito walk out with Maki behind him. Maki suddenly stopped him, I noticed her note behind her. "Look Shuichi, romance is about to happen." "Huh?" He looked over to Kaito and Maki. "You need something Maki?" "Y-yeah I was wondering if you can meet me at the park. To have a picnic with me, can you?" "Sure! I'll love to, well see then!" He walks away. I went over and hugged Maki from behind. "So you're going to confess to him at the park. Ooh it would be perfect if you confess underneath a saukra tree on a Friday. But being underneath a tree would be good enough, well good luck Maki!" I walk over to Shuichi. "So Maki is going to confess to Kaito today?" "Yep, and I bet everything would turn out great! Well lets go." We walk away.

Kaito's Pov
I walked to the park, Maki said to meet. I saw her under a tree and the picnic was already laid out, she was wearing this:

 I saw her under a tree and the picnic was already laid out, she was wearing this:

She was sitting down, brushing her hair with a deep blush of pink. Is it me or has Maki been really flustered today. What's going on? I continue to walk over to her, she heard me walking towards her and looked at me. "Hey Maki Roll, thanks for inviting me to your picnic. This all looks good." I said as I sat down. "Did you made this all by yourself." She nodded. "Wow, I didn't think you were a cooking type of person. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised after the cake you made me at my welcoming party." I took a bite from one of the sandwiches. "Oh man, this taste amazing. Must be the tastes sandwich I ever had." "I glad you like it, I worked really hard making all this. Making sure it would taste good, even the smallest sandwich to taste delicious." "Ooh your not kidding, man I'm probably going to eat everything well at least all of the sandwiches." She smiled, but she was still in deep blush. Seriously, why is she blushing? "Maki mind if I ask you something?" "Sure, go ahead." "Why are you blushing more than usual, you were like that at school too." "Oh um because I want to tell you something. And I'm kinda embarrassed, thats all. But don't worry about that right now, just continue eating." I rest down my sandwich. "Eating can wait, go ahead and tell me." She turned her head and nodded. She grabbed a letter that was next to her and gave it to me. "Read it." She said quietly. I was confused, but I listen to her and open the letter and started to read it.

Katio

You're an idiot, I always thought of you as a idiot. But your a idiot I really care for. The first time you had a whole conversation with me, my heart was beating fast the entire conversation. I really worry about you when you're hurt or sick, that I want to stay by your side and make you feel better. That day at the dance, you saw I was lonely and came over and ask to dance with you. I thought it was really sweet of you to do that everytime I think back on it makes me smile. How cute it was when you were scared after getting out the haunted house ride and needed me for comfort. And on my birthday, you gave that galaxy clothes and earrings. I know you don't see me wear them, but I do when I go out with Kaede. I make it up to you by wearing these others galaxy I bought just for you to see me in. I really like you Kaito, and I hope you feel the same way.

I felt my heart beating so fast and my entire face go red. Maki was confessing to me, this letter says what she thought of me and how she feels when she's around me. Maki... She looked up to me. "That was before you lefted me, while you were gone I really missed you. I couldn't stop thinking about you, waiting til the day you came back. So I realized that I don't just like you, I think I love you Kaito. Love you enough to go up all the way to space and search the entire universe for you. That's how much I love you." "Maki... I feel the same way." "Y-you do?" "It took me a long while to realize how I felt about you. But I realized how I feel now, and I think I'm in love with you too." "Really?" I nodded. We both blushed a deep as we slowly move closer to each other.

 We both blushed a deep as we slowly move closer to each other