Phase 1 | What are you?

~ Alex Moon Point Of View ~

Both me and my grandpa looked at the egg with full wonder. A small creature was staring at us from inside of the egg. "Why isn't it coming out?" I whisper at my grandpa, since I don't want to scare the creature. "I think it's afraid." My grandpa told me. I came closer to the egg and looked inside. There was a small eye looking directly at me. "it's okay, don't be afraid. Come out of the egg, so we can take care of you." I said with a loving voice. My grandpa came closer too. "We won't hurt you, we want to be your friend and help you get home safely." he said. I nodded. I carefully took the plush I laid next to it a few days back. "This is Tamago, you can cuddle with him to make you feel better." I giggle. The creature was curious about the plush. It tried to stick it's head through the small hole it had made to look through to look at it, but instead the whole egg broke. It was now out in the open and we could see what It looked like. It was beautiful. "Hi, I'm Alex, who are you?" I whisper, making sure not to scare it. It quickly looked around and hid underneath the blanket what kept her egg warm. "Don't be scared little one. We won't hurt you." My grandpa whispered lovingly. I had an idea, I took the plush in my hand and wiggled it around. "Look what I got here, come here." I tried to lead it out of the blanket and it worked. Her little head came out of the blanket, focused on the plush. I care fully laid it in front of the creature to lure it out of the blanket. It carefully sneaked closer to the plush and quickly grabbed it to play with. "oh no, that doesn't look good." my grandpa remarked. "What grandpa?" I responded. "It's wing, it looks like it took some damage when she fell from the sky. I need to look at it and help the poor creature or it won't be able to fly home ever again." he trembled. When my grandpa tried to touch the wing, the creature let out a loud chirp. "It sounds so cute, yet so sad. "What is it for creature grandpa?" " I don't know, I think I've never seen anything like this before. It looks like a dragon of some sort. I will look into my journal later, but first I need to examen this little one and maybe I can find out some more information about it's gender, species and about the wing of course." My grandpa replied. I nodded. I looked at the small, well actually quite big for a baby, creature. It was playing gently with the plush. It looked so innocent. "let's get this little one to my lab and see what we can find." 

What looked like hours later my grandpa called me to his lab. "What did you find?" I asked him. I saw the creature rolled up into a ball, sleeping in a basket with a blanket inside of it. "I've learned a lot from this little one. A lot is still unclear to me, but I found out that you where right. It's a little girl." My grandpa grinned. I smiled. "I knew it. She's so sweet laying there. How about her wing? Can you fix it grandpa?" I pouted while pulling gently on his coat. "From what I saw it wasn't good, it'll take months, maybe years to fix her wing. She needs lots of rest, medicine, good training and proper care or she won't be able to fly ever again. I looked concerned at my grandpa. "We are gonna help her right?" I asked. My grandpa looked at me. "I don't know sweetheart, I don't know what this creature can do, what if she get scared or angry and attacks you? I don't know how fast she will grow or if she has any special powers. That, little moon on her head lit up when there was an Eclipse, Alex, I don't know what she is capable of and I don't want to lose you too." Grandpa stuttered. I gave my grandpa a big hug. "I know grandpa and you won't lose me, but we need to help this poor creature. We can learn from her, what kind of species she is, what she can do, what she is meant to be. Grandpa this is your job, our job, you can add so much to your journal if we'd just help her out! It's only for a few months or maybe a few years. But, I'm sure deep down you want to help her too. I mean look at her, She looks so innocent. Please grandpa, or she won't be able to fly home again." I begged. My grandpa grinned. He gave me a pet on my head. "You remind me of your mother. She was always so stubborn, but had such a heart of gold. She always did the right thing, even if it hurted her." He looked up at the ceiling and was quite for a few seconds. I  walked over to the creature who was sleeping. I carefully bend down my knees and sat next to the basket. Her little ears went up pointing in my direction, as soon as she noticed I was sitting next to her, her head popped up. I carefully moved my hand forward to stoke her head. My grandpa looked away from the ceiling and noticed I wasn't next to him anymore. He looked around and saw me sitting on the ground next to the creature. "Alex! Be careful please! We don't know what it's capable of!" He said stern. I heard him, but I trusted my gut. Something told me this little one wasn't going to hurt me. She moved away from my hand, because she was afraid. "It's okay." I whisper. Her little head turned like a little puppy who didn't understand something. She came closer and closer to my hand. "Alex, be carefull!" I heard my grandpa say. I heard footsteps behind me, seconds away before he would get me away from her. She sniffed my hand, sweet and gentle, when she recognized the scent I saw her eyes change. They looked calm instead of scared. Soon after I felt a soft fur touch my hand. She placed her head inside my hand. "Y-you're so soft." I stutter. My grandpa stood behind me looking at me in Aw. "Okay, we will help her, but as soon as she can fly again, we will release her into the wild and she'll go home." My grandpa said. I nod softly, trying not to move my hand to much. I gently rub her soft cheek. She closed her eyes of pleasure and rested her head on my hand. "Thank you grandpa." I said smiling. He smiled and nods while walking back to his desk, grabbing his journal. He took a pencil and started to draw the creature while I was gently patting it. He wrote down all the information he knew, what wasn't a lot. "We need a name for her, we don't know the species yet and we can't call her 'it' all the time. So.. what do you think?" My grandpa asked me while drawing. I looked at the creature and saw her beautiful moon sign on her head and started to call her names. "Moon?" No reaction. "No, that's too simple.." "What about Luna? It means moon." My grandpa suggested. "Luna? Luna." I repeated the name a few times to see if she'd react. Nothing. "Don't you like that name? Or do you just don't understand what in saying?" I giggled.  " I don't think she understands you sweetheart, she's creature who fell from the sky, possibly from the galaxy, who, I think, didn't plan on landing here on earth. But weirdly enhough had a connection with the Eclipse that happend..." Her little head popped up. "Grandpa!" The little creature moved her head around. "Look at that." My grandpa grinned. "She responded to something I said." "I think she responded to Eclipse." Her head moved to my direction. "You like the Eclipse?" I asked her giggling" A small chirp escaped her mouth. I jumped up from excitement. "She understands me grandpa! She understands me!" I jumped up and down. The creature quickly hid under the blanket, because she got scared of the fast movements. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry Eclipse." Her head popped up again. Slowly but surely. "You're a scardy cat Eclipse, but we'll help you with that!" I giggle. "Eclipse it is then." My grandpa said and wrote it down in his journal. I smiled turning my head back to Eclipse. Gently petting her head.

"Welcome Eclipse... We will take good care of you."