Chapter 3: Hope Mikaelson?

*Hi guys sorry for the late update, but here's the next chapter :)

"I don't know," commented Landon, "but this person seems very powerful. I mean can you imagine: a tribrid? A werewolf, witch, AND vampire. I didn't even know a person with all three could exist..."

The pages of the book were filled with Alaric's handwriting, and as Landon and Josie read it, they now knew all about Malivore: the Pitt that erased everything it consumed from memory.

Together they read the pages, but all it did was remind Josie of the book's owner, and before she knew it, tears were forming in her eyes and falling down her cheeks once again.

Josie's POV
Every little thing reminds me of her. She wanted me to be selfish and to choose my happiness for once, but I didn't. I understand now Penelope. I now know what you meant when you said that one day I would understand why you did what you did. And now's my chance! You would want this Penelope, you would want me to be happy. And now, I have an adorable dork who went out of his way to comfort me. I think he might make me happy Pen. This time I'll be selfish, I'll get what I want. It's what you would have wanted...

As I cried, Landon pulled me closer to him, his arm around my waist, and his head gently resting on mine. After a few minutes, I pulled away and my eyes met his. Our faces were just inches apart. I slowly started to lean in...

All of a sudden the door to Josie's room swung open, startling Landon and Josie.

Lizzie's POV
I checked almost the whole school, and she was nowhere to be found. Well, there was only one place she could be: her room. I opened the door and saw mop head and my sister about to kiss?!? Ugh this is so not it....

"Ahem," I clear my throat and they pull away and stare. "I really hope I wasn't interrupting anything". They both looked down and blushed. Bleh, I think I might throw up just at the mere thought Josie and Landon k-i-s-s-i-n-g.

"Josie, I'm sorry about what I said, okay? I just hate the fact that she left you. Jo, I hate seeing you so upset about this." I looked at Landon and then back at Josie.

"Well it appears that mop head over here made you feel just that much better, so would you like to walk with me to class?"

Josie nodded, said goodbye to Landon, and joined Lizzie. Landon couldn't stop thinking about Josie, but he was also curious as to what else was in that book.

Landon's POV
That wasn't a dream right? Today confirmed my feelings towards her. Everything just seemed so much better with her, it was like she filled this void I wasn't even aware I had.
I know she's heartbroken over Penelope right now, but even she couldn't deny the connection we had. I knew she felt the tension between us too...if Lizzie would have just waited a few more minutes...

He proceeded to flip through the book, but one page caught his attention.

"A Song for Hope" by Landon Kirby. Why don't I remember writing this? Wait a second, is this the same Hope Mikaelson that Alaric was writing about?

Landon read the song to himself slowly, and couldn't believe what he was reading.

About those eyes, the way they spark when she's about to pick a fight...
About that time, you think you've locked your heart up safely, someone breaks right through...
I'm falling for a girl and I can't wait to tell you all about her...
About last night, I saw a vision of the future in my dream
And I can't wait to meet who you will be, so I can know everything about her...

Did I really write this? I wrote this song for a girl named Hope Mikaelson, but for some reason I can't remember her. Was this the part of me I felt like I was missing all this time, or was it just loneliness from Raf being stuck as a wolf? I have so many questions right now, but one thing is for sure: I will find out who this Hope Mikaelson girl is...

Meanwhile, Alaric seems to also have noticed that something was off. When he found Landon beside the empty pit, there was evidence of there being other people with him. They must have jumped into the pit, erasing themselves from memory. That's Alaric's problem: he can't figure out who they were.

Alaric's POV
I've been searching through these files for days now, but nothing. No record of anyone who went here and then disappeared. I was in the middle of organizing my stack of folders, when my phone rang.

Alaric didn't recognize the caller ID, but answered the call anyway.
"Hello, who is this?" he asked.
A seemingly familiar voice answered, "It's nice to hear your voice again Mr. Saltzman, it's Penelope Park, remember me?..."

***Yayay this is the end of the chapter. What's happening with Landon and Josie? Will Landon figure out who Hope is? Also, why is Penelope calling Alaric? We'll just have to wait and see! Please leave any comments or suggestions! What would be something you would like to see in future chapters? Next chapter coming soon :)