Missing you

It had been a years since hawkmoth was found and put behind bars. It had been years since chat noir and ladybug last saw each other. Everything was different now. No more nightly escapades. No more akuma. The only thing that hadn't changed was their miraculous. Tikki and plagg decided to stay by marinette and adrien's side ( as it was the Kwami's decision whether to stay with their owner or not).

Marinette dupain-cheng was now 21 and preparing for Nino and Alya's wedding with tikki. She had moved to New York to take an apprenticeship for fashion and was one of the biggest icons in all of America. She had only come back a week ago, for this very occasion, and was looking forward to seeing all of her high school friends again. Marinette was almost content with her life. Almost. She longed to see her former partner again and became depressed at the thought of never seeing him again. While she was at New York, she never dated, keeping a place in her heart for chat noir. She was just touching up her makeup as her best friend stepped into her room.

"So what do you think?" Asked alya.

She was in her wedding dress and Marinette thought she looked stunning.

"You look beautiful" whispered Marinette, on the verge of tears.

"He don't you go crying on me!" Said alya, happy at the compliment.

"Shall we?" Said Marinette, offering her arm as alya linked them together.

"Let's"

The oak double doors swung open as Marinette led alya down the aisle. Alya had begged Marinette to be the one to do so instead of her father and Marinette( flattered by the gesture) happily accepted. As they walked down the aisle, Marinette saw Nino looking at alya as if she were a queen and adrien (marinette's former crush) patted him on the back. He was the best man after all. And she was the maid of honour.

Adrien agreste looked at his best friend Nino as he fiddled with his tie. He had stayed in Paris because it was his (as he called it) home. He was still a model for his father but over the years started to enjoy it. When he heard his other friend Marinette was coming back for the wedding he was overjoyed. He too had fallen into depression when ladybug disappeared and Marinette was there for him (even though he never told her why he was grieving). When the double oak doors opened and alya and Marinette stepped into the church hall he noticed that Nino was in complete shock. He patted his back just to wake up his senses.

"Thanks dude" Nino whispered in gratitude.

"No problem man" he replied.

After the ceremony, everyone helped themselves to food and wine, enjoying themselves enormously. Marinette chatted with rose, hugged juleka, said hi to mylene and Ivan, beat max in a video game and looked at some art with Nathaniel. As she said goodbye to him, she noticed adrien staring at her from afar and made her way over to him.

"Hey" She said casually, catching his attention for the second time that night.

"Hey" he replied.

They stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say to each over.

It had been like that the entire night. One of them saying one thing, and then complete silence. Were things ever going to be the same again?