Aim Of A Queen

Susan looked around her, there wasn't much forest to see. In front of her as soon as she stepped forward we're surrounding trees and then a wall. She saw aligned on the wall were ten targets. She smiled to herself. They must really doubt her archery skills if one of her tasks was this simple.
The grabbed one of her arrows and steadied it on her bow. As expected she shot directly in the middle of each target and to her delight the wall disintegrated and a forest full of trees was in front of her.
"That wasn't so bad" she said with a smile of relief as she stepped forward. Some of Lucy's optimist was rubbing off on her. She looked around at the forest, still having her bow and arrows ready. She wished her siblings were with her, she didn't even know where they were in this dark forest. She didn't even want to imagine what was happening to them.

••••••••••••••••••••

Lucy stepped into the forest, as brave as ever, her dagger aimed in front of her, not risking any danger. Even at the age of 12 she was fearless. She'd had enough training in the golden age to defend herself from anything. She walked along a small path before seeing a price of paper attached to one of the trees. She curiously walked over to it, lowering her dagger as she did.
'If you cute anyone, you'll be trapped in here forever'
She read.
It sounded like a task and a threat all at once and it made Lucy look down. If she didn't help people for her own personal gain, what kind of a Queen was she?
She looked at her healing cordial and sighed. She knew she had to follow the tasks but she couldn't not help people.
She carried on walking before she saw a few baby foxes on the side of the path, bleeding out from a wolf attack. Lucy gasped. This was too cruel for someone to expect her not to help when she could.
"I'm not going to let this happen" Lucy said running over to the small baby foxes
"It's going to be alright" she said softly before giving them some of her healing cordial, making them all better. She knew she was stuck now, but she couldn't let those poor animals die.