Chapter 2: First Incounter

I'm frozen in place as I feel my heart start to beat wildly. I can feel my face start to get red and hot. "Come on Sammy" my brother yells to me. I swallow hard and try to calm down as I walk slowly to the park gate. I walk in and see my brother already on the swings, I would join him but she is over there too. I decide to sit on a bench on the other side of the park, where I have a full view of everything. She is pushing a little girl that looks about the age of 6 on the swing next to my brother's.

I pull out my phone to try to distract myself but I can't stop looking up at her. She dresses like a man with a classy clean look. Her dark gray sweater with the sleeves rolled up to the elbow and her black jeans fit her body really nice. Damn, I'm staring again. I look down at my phone and start to surf the web trying not to look up at her.

I hear foot steps slowing heading towards me. They're too heavy to be a child's and we are the only people in the park, it must be her. As the steps get closer, my heart starts to beat faster and questions race through my mind. Why is she coming over here? Does she want to talk to me? What do I say? I feel her sit down next to me....I can feel my heart in my throat. "Hi", she says in a soft silky deep voice. I look up at her and is taken back by her beauty. She has short curly light brown hair, green/hazel eyes, olive complexion and beautiful pink lips.

I found my self lost in a daze for a second but I snapped out of it and managed to mumble "Hello." She smiles at me and says "My name is Jordan." I blush a little and say "I'm Samantha." She sparks up a conversation.

"Is that your little brother?"

"Yes, he is 8 years old and is a ball of energy."

She chuckles. "I here with my 6 year old cousin who is visiting with her mom for a week. She's a handful at times."

"Omg so is my brother, he makes me take him to the park all the time."

"So that's you I see at the park everyday."

"Ah, yes and I always see you going to the gym. Why do you go to the gym so much?

"I just love working out and like to stay fit."

"I think you're really fit."

She smirks "Oh really so you do look at me when I leave the gym?"

I start to blush "I...um..."

Her little sister comes running over to her. "Jordan, I'm hungry." I sigh in relief that her sister interrupted before I had to explain myself. "Looks like we are going home." Jordan says to her sister as she puts her on her back. Jordan turns to me and says "It was nice meeting you, see you later Samantha." "Bye, Jordan." She waves and walks off. My brother walks over to me and asks why is my face red. "Really?!?" I didn't even notice that I had turned red. "Are you okay Sammy?" "Um...yes I'm fine and we are going home soon." My brother nodes and runs off to play.

I have never felt like this before, not even around a boy. What is happening to me? This doesn't make sense but I think, I have a crush....on a girl!!!!!