Can't Be The Fighting Champion

Start from the beginning

The next day*

Tommy was sleeping in his bed, alone since Lexi had to go back to work.

Stephanie granted him as much time off as he needed from the death of his grandfather, but he needed to get back to work.

With him being at home, most of the time alone wasn't doing him any good. He would just start to think about what has happend the past couple months.

Alarm*

Tommy lifted his head quickly as the blaring sound poured into the room.

He slammed the clock down and shut it off, and he really didn't want to get up.

But he had to so he could see Lexi.

10 minutes later*

He was dressed and exhausted; waiting downstairs with all the animals, his Uber pulled up and honked.

Tommy grabbed his bags and walked out to see the SUV.

Taking a deep breath, Tommy wasn't ready for today.

The driver hopped out and helped him pack a little, and Tommy wasn't having it.

He jumped in the back and they headed to the airport.

5 hours later*

Tommy got off the plane and walked to baggage claim where he turned his phone back on.

He got a text from Lexi, and she was trying to cheer him up a bit.

Alexa: I'm here, and I have a sign!!

It was a picture of her huge sign that read, "I Major-ly missed you Tommy❤".

He didn't believe her until he grabbed his bags and walked onto the escalator where he saw, standing there his five foot two, blond haired pink tips wife with the huge sign.

That made him crack a smile as she walked up quickly and jumped into his arms.

Tommy held his women tight as Lexi started to giggle and kiss his cheek.

Alexa: uhhg I missed you so much.

Tommy: I missed you too.

They shared one more tight hug and kiss before they started to leave.

Tommy followed Lexi out to the rental car and packed it with his bags, and Lexi was sitting in the drivers seat as she had some news to tell her husband.

A couple minutes later, Tommy jumped into the passenger seat and they were on their way to the hotel.

Lexi was driving as Tommy was just looking around the area they were in outside of Indianapolis.

She then broke the silence with the news.

Alexa: Tom, I have something to tell you.

Tommy: Yeah?

Alexa: Last night, I took a nasty bump from Becky and they've pulled me from competition.

Tommy: Are you serious? How long this time?

Alexa: I don't know, they'll tell me later today.

She noticed that he sounded upset in his tone, and she was getting fed up.

Alexa: Tommy, what's your deal?

Tommy: What do you mean?

Alexa: You sounded pissy when I was telling my situation.