2.7

When I woke up, I couldn't bring myself to do anything. I didn't really feel like moving or going downstairs. I could still hear everyone, so I knew nobody had left. I wasn't really surprised. It usually took forever before people left, but after what happened it was no surprise that they would wait for me to talk about it. Thankfully, nobody had gotten into the room while I slept. A lot of my cousins knew how to pick locks, and for once I was grateful for them. 

It was a while before I got out of bed and walked towards the door. I needed to use the bathroom badly, so I guessed it was a good time to leave the room. I slowly opened the bedroom door, trying not to make noise. I looked around before tiptoeing out of the room. I guess everyone was in the kitchen because I didn't see anyone in the living room as I walked past the stairs. 

I quickly did my business before walking into the hallway. I was almost to my room when Noah walked up the stairs.

"Hey. We heard walking so they sent me to get you." He greeted. I nodded and looked down at the floor. "Why don't you come downstairs and socialize with us?" He suggested.

"I can't do that Noah," I muttered.

"Why not?" I took a deep sigh before replying. 

"I just had an argument with most of the people down there. Jackson is mad at me for basically everything, my uncles probably won't talk to me, Jane will start bullying me again, and I can't bring myself to face Conner yet." I whispered. I felt like I couldn't get a day off anymore. There was always something going on in my life and I hated it. I just wanted a day or even just an hour where I could relax and not have to worry about anything. 

"Erika, please just come downstairs. No one is able to handle William right now and you know he will listen to you and only you. Please, Eri." He pleaded. He brought a smile onto my face. It had been so long since any of my cousins or siblings had called me by my childhood nickname. It kind of disappeared in 7th grade.

"Only because I don't want you guys to go crazy because of William." He smiled and wrapped his arm through mine. We skipped down the stairs like old times and walked into the kitchen. Everyone was laughing and eating. It warmed my heart to see my family being like this again. It had been so long.

As soon as we sat down, everyone turned to look at us. William was the first one to say anything. He smirked and yelled, "The party has arrived!" It wasn't much but it made everyone else laugh, which got rid of the tension in the air. He came over and gave me a big hug.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me about you and this Conner dude! I could've totally given you some kissing tips!" He whined. I rolled my eyes and smacked the back of his head. Cody had been giving glares to William after hearing him after I told everyone the big secret.

"Hey, Erika." Aspen smiled coming up to me. Her baby was tucked in a blanket in her arms. He was wearing a blue onesie which made him look even cuter. I had been waiting for so long for one of my cousins to have a baby and it finally happened.

"Hey, Aspen. What name did you come up with?" I questioned. I knew that she and Conner were having a hard time agreeing on a name. I just hoped they ended up agreeing on a cute name. 

"This is little Alexander Aiden Abbett." She smiled. "Do you want to hold him?" I nodded and she handed him to me. I guess the day didn't end up being entirely terrible.