[]Chapter 3[]

The movie? Sucked. Throwing popcorn at people below us and pretending it was someone else? Priceless. It was amazing how gullible some humans were. Loki and I had to literally run from the theatre, laughing so hard we could barely breathe. It was hilarious.

I recount my memories of the night as I lay on my bed of furs, humming an old folk song in my head. My heart was light and my head clear of all dark thoughts, as I thought about the wonderful night I had just experienced. Maybe human interaction wasn't too bad, now that I had control of my emotions- mostly. Just a few breakdowns were likely, I wasn't going to go mass murdering again.

~*~

I had fallen asleep in my clothes, but this time it wasn't completely unintentional. Truth be told, I was exhausted. So I told my old night gown to take a night off, and slept in my day outfit. No biggy.

My immediate attitude in the morning was something sour though. I was bitter about the loss of my family, and then my mentors. The first person who entered this room without permission would be getting slapped. I assumed it would happen sooner or later, now that I was unofficially a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, as they called it.

By now I was all caught up on the technology I had missed since last years trip, I had found time to do that during the day yesterday. It seemed near ridiculous that Steve was still learning.

Bruce was the first to come looking for me, and poked his head in the door. I chucked my shoe at the source of the noise, not looking up from my pillow. I realized I looked like a mess, but I honestly did not give a care about it at the moment.

Luckily, the man was smart and he exited immediately, deciding to check back in later. Whatever it was that he needed, it obviously wasn't that important. Nonetheless, it got me curious and I couldn't help but think on what it might be. 

I shrugged and buried my face back into the pillow, chest rising and falling in a rhythmic pattern. My ivory blond hair, now loosing the blue, was scattered across my pillow in a chaotic way. The bad mood I had woken up with has now been killed off by my need to know what was going on. 

I rolled off my bed and onto the carpeted floor with a light thud. It seems I couldn't make a loud noise without putting effort into it. My slender body pulled itself off the floor and made it's way towards the closet, where I dressed in a cobalt blue top, some white jeans, and black boots. 

After brushing my hair out with a needle brush, I made my way to the office room, where everyone was screaming at the top of their lungs at each other. No one even noticed my presence.

I watched, making out some parts in the screaming fight like, "You're such an idiot, Capsicle! How can you still not know what a fridge is!" from a red-faced Tony. Curses were flung from one end of the room to the other, and even Fury was in on it.

"All of you, SHUT THE HELL UP!" I screamed, growing impatient and disappointed by their inability to get along. Typical from such beings. My assumption was, Tony and his ego started this whole thing.

The room fell into silence, and everybody turned to me, mouths open with whatever insult they were about to fling next. Fury coughed and said, "Nice of you to join us, Astridr."

I grunted, and shot everyone a disapproving glance. Presently, everyone sat down and I made my way to the empty seat. 

"Now, what did you want with me?" I questioned, now that I had everyone's attention.

"We need to know if you'll be part of the Avengers Initiative," Fury responded immediately, now once again professional.

"If I don't.....?" I trailed off, gazing at him intently. I'd like to see what he could possible come up with to try and scare me into his little team.