But this is the first time in my life that I've cared about someone like this. I actually want her with me. I like when she touches me.

I unintendedly sighed thinking about everything. They'd let me know, were their words. I just hope they realize how stupid of an idea this is. In the meantime, I have to have a backup plan incase they don't.

No POV

Classes started tomorrow so everyone began to turn in. Hermione snuggled up next to Draco and comfortably fell asleep, Draco soon following. Though neither would admit it, they were both wondering what would happen now. Hermione had her friends to worry about, she couldn't forget about them, and she didn't want them to find out about Draco. That was clear. Draco, on the other hand, had some real problems. How could he continue to be with Hermione with the upcoming events? That's what we need to figure out.

***

Hermione's POV

When morning came, I was relieved. I couldn't stand lying there, imagining all the things that might happen in the next few days. We could break up, people could find out...

I sighed to myself before I got up, gently removing Draco's arm from around my waist. I looked at his sleepy face with his tousled hair and smiled without really meaning to. It was sort of just natural now, for me to be happy when I see him.

Once I showered and dressed, I went into the common room. Draco was still sleeping and he had this just-noticeable smile on his face like he was thinking about something happy.

"Draco," I called softly. He didn't move so I called his name again, and gave his shoulder a slight shake.

Slowly, his eyes fluttered open. The glossy eyes looked around and settled on my face. "Huh?" He asked yawning.

"Time to get up," I said smil His voice was so cute when he's tired, and he has this unfocussed look, that makes me smile internally.

"What," he asked again, blinking.

"Breakfast. School. Time to get up," I said a bit more loudly.

He nodded his head and yawned again. "Oh yeah," he replied, not looking too excited.

I opened my mouth to ask what's wrong but then I thought, Why bother? He won't tell me anyway. Even though I probably already knew. The same reason I wasn't excited. But at the same time I was because it made me think.

If he's not happy that something might happen, that means he's began to care for me, like I care for him. And that's amazing to me.

***

Once we were both back into the common room, ready to leave, I gave him a hug. "Uh, I should probably, er, go first," I tried explaining. "People and everything-"

"Yeah, yeah," he said non-chalantly. "Well see you later."

"Bye," I said softly, giving a little wave.

He nodded his head. As the potrait closed behind me, instinct told me to grab it, so I did. And I ran back in, and latched my arms around his neck, crashing my lips into his. It was only the third or fourth kiss? I couldn't remember. But it felt just as amazing as the first. It lasted pretty long, followed by a second, and a third. By the time we pulled apart, I was breathing heavy. He brushed a finger against my cheek and smiled. I smiled back.

Draco really wasn't the person everyone thought he was. No one would have none he was so gentle and caring.

I bit my lip as he stared at me. His lips just barely touched my cheek, and he whispered, "Bye," in this low whisper. His breath was warm on my skin.

"Bye," I whispered before leaving. I brought my hand to my lips and then to my cheek. They were still tingling. I've never seen this side of Draco. Never known there was this side of Draco. Until now, that is.

No POV

A few moments after Hermione sat down and began chatting with her friends, a not-so-happy Draco Malfoy strolled in looking fabulously sexy, like always. She sent him a look across the room that was supposed to be an I'm sorry-ish look.

Draco sat down next to Blaise, and Blaise immediately started asking questions.

"What's up with you and Granger? Someone told me she sat here over break? Is there something I don't know? There better not be, I'm your best mate!"

"Woah," he replied, calmly taking a swig of pumpkin juice, "calm down, Zabini. People don't know what they're talking about. Granger is still the same mudblood she was before, that's never gonna change."

The dark-skinned Italian nodded, not smart enough to realize that Draco never actually answered his question. Draco smirked to himself, taking another drink of pumpkin juice.

Everything seemed normal. Things were going okay.

Halfway through breakfast, McGonagall stood up and called for attention. "Sorry for the interruption, but I am pleased to inform you that we have a new student! Her name is Elizabeth Revay, and she's transfering here from Beauxbatons. I expect you all to treat her with respect and do your best to help her fit in. She should be here any second now-" Suddenly the doors pushed open.

A little girl - meaning little in size - walked in. She had dark brown hair and pale skin. She smiled kindly to everyone and waved. She was quite beautiful, but what French girl isn't?

It took the couple longer than it should have, but they suddenly realized who it was. They locked eyes from across the room.

"I'd like you to meet Miss Revay."

*A/N*

Dun Dun Dun! So any thoughts about this new chick Elizabeth? And who is she? Anyway, sorry about the wait but I think this is the best I can do from here on out until soccer's over. So expect chapters ABOUT every 5 days or so. Hope you liked it! Comment and vote

"That's us, processed corn, walking."

-The Omnivore's Dilemma

Mrs Malfoy out! :*