Chapter 3

"Tunnels, old fashioned but very cool." I mumbled to myself as we made our way towards the new lab. Mr. Davenport chanted 'I got a new lab' over and over again, making Bree groan in annoyance.

"Whoa! I think you mean WE got a new lab?" Bree stated.

"Excuse me? Did WE pay to rebuild it?"

"Do you sleep in a glass box?"

"We got a new lab. We got a new lab!" And with that Chase and Leo did a mini dance, a sarcastic dance if there is such a thing.

"And here it is!" Mr. Davenport shouted just as the doors slid opened and all of us gasped. The lab was so bright and spacious. Every corner you turned too looked like it was part of a space shuttle that a unicorn barfed on. I'm not use to many bright things that are pink. It's just weird to me. But not going to lie, it looks amazing.

"Guys, look at all these upgrades. Mr. Davenport...this place is amazing!" Chase said over to Mr. Davenport who beamed.

"Of course it is. I designed it." He gloated. Leo cleared his throat and Mr. Davenport groaned in annoyance ", Fine! WE designed it! WE!"

He relaxed before going towards the new uprated capsules ", Upgraded capsules, bam! Quantum processing super computer, bam! Four dimensional combat simulator, bam! This my friends, is what a multi-million dollar makeover looks like!"

"Is there a mini fridge?"

"No."

"I bet our real dad has a mini fridge," Adam grumbled over to Chase.

"Hey Leo, where's your work station?" I asked, knowing he's been dying to show it to us. He's been jumping off the walls since we got in here.

"This way children," Leo said and the next thing you know, there was a desk over a hexagon which disappeared a few moments ago ", the floor in the lab is compartmentalized, meaning we can store things in it. May I?"

Mr. Davenport nodded as Leo yelled out ", Bam!"

"Oh, I almost forgot," Mr. Davenport said, pulling out a watch ", Leo said that this watch helps you transform at times before you got your transformation gift down and since your powers have gone...out of control, I put in a few upgrades. It will help you keep your powers in control and help you use them more productively than... chaoticly."

"Thank you so much Mr. Dave-"

"Is that a nuclear magnetic residence spectrometer? I've never seen one in person before! It's so beautiful." Chase said in awe as he ran over to a small electric ball.

I rolled my eyes and tried unsuccessfully not to smile. He just seems so cute when he's-Bad Mia!

"Should we leave you two alone?" Bree asked, getting him back to earth.

"Mr. Davenport, how could you afford all this?"

"Well I used some of the money from the jet wing stunt but the rest of it I got from a huge government contract I just signed. I am developing a rocket system to protect the Earth from rouge asteroids. Thanks to this little baby, I'm on my way back up big Rich Mountain and... woooooohhhhh! The air smells better up here! Okay one more thing I forgot to show you…"

"Mini fridge?" Adam asked excitedly.

Mr. Davenport groaned ",There is no mini fridge!"

"No but there is me!" By then I groaned and just took out my phone to avoid the wrath of Eddie.

"Hello 'friends'! And I use the term friends loosely because you're not my friends and I hate you."

"We love you too Eddie, "I mumbled, blowing some hair out of my face.