Bucky laughed "You know, I like you kid. Don't sweat it." He rolled his sleeve up so he could see it.

Peter gawked "Man... this is some advanced tech! What kind of metal is this?"

Bucky chuckled "Honestly? I have no clue." Peter laughed. The two of them talked for a bit longer before they went on their separate ways. He seemed like a nice kid. It's awful that he was being bullied...

~time skip~

Bucky arrived at the tower and Steve greeted him. "Man Buck, it's been too long!"

He smiled "It sure has. I just wish it wasn't because of something like this."

Steve sighed "Yeah I know. Last night he said he was staying the night at a friend's house. Well, I called their parents and it turns out that they are on vacation. I don't know where he's been all night." He looked down at his watch "He should be home any minute. I'll let you meet him for starters. I just don't know what to do..."

Bucky put a hand on his shoulder "Don't worry. I'll help you figure something out. Hey, by the way, you haven't told me his name."

Steve smiled a bit "His name's Peter. He really is a sweet kid Buck. I just don't know how to reach him."

Bucky laughed "That's funny, on the way here I just met a kid named..." the elevator dinged.

When he reached the right floor Peter quickly looked around the room. He sighed no one was in here, good. He tried to sneak into his room when suddenly Steve walked into the room. "Hey Pete!"

He quickly grabbed a newspaper off the counter and held it up to his face like he was reading it. "H-hey Steve... wow... the Yankees sure are doing great! I think I'll head back to my room for a while..."

"Peter."

"Yeah?"

"The newspaper is upside-down."

"Oh..." he turned it the right way.

"Peter."

"Yeah?"

"It's not baseball season."

"Oh..."

Steve pulled the paper from his face. "Peter what happened to your eye?!"

"Um well..." he rubbed the back of his neck "You know how bad I am with stairs and well there was this really tall set of stairs and there was a banana peel and..." he looked up and his eyes widened. "What are you doing here?!"

Steve looked over his shoulder "Peter this is my friend Bucky Barnes. Bucky this is..."

"Peter Parker." He finished "We've met."

Steve was confused "Really? When?"

Peter met Bucky's eyes, begging him not to tell Steve the truth. Bucky mentally sighed. "We met just now... When Pete here fell down that killer staircase! Honestly, it was kind of embarrassing. I just about had to scrape him off the pavement."

Peter chuckled "Yeah it was pretty bad..." he gave Bucky a nod and he nodded back.

Steve looked between the two of them. At first, he didn't believe Peter's story, but since Bucky confirmed it... "Well Peter let me get you some ice for that..." he looked over to Bucky "This kid honestly has the worst luck when it comes to staircases."

"Oh, I'm sure he does..." he made eye contact with Peter. "Hey, Pete, why don't you show me that 'comic book collection' you told me about earlier..."

He gulped "Oh yeah... my collection... it's uh... in my room..."

"We'll be right back Steve." Bucky followed Peter into his room and closed the door. "You didn't tell me that you were Steve's kid."

"You didn't tell me you were his best friend!" he sat down on the bed.

Bucky sighed "So I take it Steve doesn't know about this Flash kid?"

"No, he doesn't. None of the Avengers know. And you can't tell them!" he begged.

He sat down next to him "Why not?"

Peter ran a hand through his hair "Look it's just... If I were to tell Steve about Flash, he would go straight to the principal. Then Flash would get expelled. That's not exactly the kind of thing that would make Flash friends with me..."

Bucky met his eye "So you're afraid that he will beat you up more if you tell on him?"

Peter sighed "That... and I really don't want to get Flash expelled. Sure, he picks on me. But that's something that can ruin his life. He has a dream of playing professional football you know. The NFL isn't going to take a guy who didn't finish high school because he got expelled. I can't do that to the guy."

To say the least, Bucky was shocked. "You really care about him?" Peter nodded "That is very honorable..."

"Now do you see why I can't tell Steve?" he asked, "He would never let this just blow over."

"Yeah, I know." He chuckled "This is so ironic. Do you know why Steve asked me here?" he shook his head. "He knows you've been lying to him about things. Like staying the night at a friend's house yesterday." Peter's eyes widened "To think, you've been lying this whole time because you were being bullied, and now I'm helping you lie to him."

Peter's heart stopped. Steve knew he was lying. "Yeah... that's funny..."

"You know..." Bucky smirked. "I think I might have a way to deal with your bully problem..."

~time skip~

The next day, Flash was visited by a strange man wearing a mask. And holding a gun. He threatened him if he didn't stop bullying Peter Parker things wouldn't end well. And from that day on, Flash never picked on Peter again...

(A/N - Thanks for reading! :) Remember, with great power comes great responsibility!)