"Oh my God what is this"? I asked putting my hand over my mouth. This was his living space.

"He's got everything he could need", Malcom said disgusted. We looked around in panic.

"He's been living in here hasn't he"? I asked even though I knew the answer. Malcom ignored my question.

"We need to find a way out"! My eyes caught on the life size doll on his bed.

"It's me" I said aloud "that's my dress, my necklace, and my hair". Malcom interrupted,

"Greta, I've found a way down"! I couldn't think, I was too shocked to do anything.

"He's been watching me this whole time"! I said in horror.

Malcom sighed shakily "okay, come on, this way come on"! I picked up the letter on his bedside table when I saw it addressed from his parents, and read aloud it's contents.

"We will not be back, the girl is yours, she is yours to love and care for"- my eyes widened "they were never coming back", I said in sick realization.

"Come on Greta, come on"! Malcom yelled.

"They knew that he would do this, they knew"- I screamed in utter panic.

"Get in Greta please", Malcom said shoving me down the ladder. We walked slowly and silently down the long tunnels and dark hallways. The only light peeking in, were the holes from the walls that led to the rooms on the outside. We stopped as we heard Brahms pass. He knew where we were. Just as quickly as taking a breath, Brahms has crashed into the wall, and was now on top of Malcom. Luckily Malcom was able to kick him off and shove me in front of him towards the gate showing the way out.

"It's the outside"! I exclaimed excited that we had found a way. I quickly rushed over to it and began to push. It wasn't budging. "It's locked"! "Shit"! I yelled.

"Come on Greta, open it"! Malcom said worriedly, we could hear Brahms' yells getting closer. I banged and shoved on the door as hard as I could. It was starting to budge. Malcom began to walk away slowly.

"Malcom where are you going"?! I asked worried.

"He is coming"! Malcom answered. He wanted me to leave him. I would not.

"I'm not leaving without you, I dont want you to die"-
"just go"! Malcom screamed.
"No"! I yelled back,
"Go"! Malcom said again. Just then Brahms appeared at the end of the tunnel growling and panting. "Come on! Come on"! Malcom yelled. Brahms let out another growl before tackling Malcom to the ground. I watched in panic as Brahms beat and choked Malcom. Using the attic hook, he began to beat Malcom until he was unconscious. Flashback photos of Brahms as a child filled my mind. How could such an innocent child become like this? Malcom stopped moving.

"No"! I screamed but immediately placed my hand over my mouth. Brahms lifted his head up slowly to look at me

"Greta"? He asked breathing heavy, his voice high pitched and raspy. I continued to bang on the gate, "come back, I'll be good I will"! Brahms panted. I shook my head and whimpered shoving the door even harder, he inched closer "get back here". He growled his voice drastically lower than before. I finally shoved the gate open and began to crawl out "don't leave me! Get back here"! He yelled "if you leave I'll kill him, I'll kill him just like the others"! I sprinted out of sight as his cries got quieter and quieter. I stopped to catch my breath

"No"! I told myself "Malcom"! He risked his life for me. I turned back towards the house. I had to get Malcom.
I slowly opened the front doors. I rushed over to a small desk and opened a drawer. I remembered what Mr. Heelshire had said before he and Mrs. Heelshire left. If I was good to him he wouldn't hurt me. I found a screw driver and placed it in my pocket, if I needed to protect myself, I would but I wasn't going to kill him if I didn't need to, I had a better idea. He liked structure and rules, so that's what I would give to him. Like I expected, Brahms had found me in no time and was waiting for me in the shadow of the dark foyer. I desperately wanted to run and hide, but I had to be brave for Malcom and for myself. "I came back for you Brahms". I said sharply. "I told you I wouldn't leave you and I didn't did I"? He walked over to me slowly and began to sniff my hair "I told you I wouldn't"- I was cut off by his loud inhales. Impatient and disgusted I interrupted "Brahms"! Startled, Brahms backed up, and stared down at me. His eyes were blood shot and dark. I couldn't find any emotion in them. "It's time for bed now". I snapped. He didn't move, only cocked his head to one side. "Brahms I said it's time for bed", I exclaimed authoritatively, "let's go"! He finally slowly began to walk up the stairs. Once we entered his room, I remained sharp "put that down now Brahms", I said motioning to the attic hook he still had. He laid it on the chest reluctantly and stood still. "Are you ready for bed"? I asked. He nodded slightly. I pulled back the blankets on his bed and waited for him to settle down underneath them, "under the covers" I said. He complied and I easily tucked him in. His eyes followed my every move. I forced a fake smile "now be a good boy and go straight to sleep", I said. His eyes widened.

"kiss" he muttered. I shook my head.

"No kiss tonight Brahms it's your punishment I'm sorry". I turned to leave but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to the bedside.

"Kiss" he said again. Even though I didn't want to kiss him, it was one of the rules and the only way to get him to sleep was to kiss him. Suppressing a gag, I leaned into him slowly as he grabbed my arms. He pressed his mask into my face and held me down. It felt like forever, but I pulled away and stood back up.

"Now go to sleep Brahms, and I'll see you in the morning". He closed his eyes and let out a sigh. I walked out of the room slowly and shut the door quickly and quietly. I never wanted to do that again. I waited at least fifteen minutes outside of the door to make sure he was asleep before I ran back into the walls to search for Malcom. There wasn't much time and I was sure he at least had some sort of brain trauma. My eyes devoured the tunnels and hallways in the walls, but I couldn't find Malcom. Had Brahms moved him before I came back? Did he kill him? The questions in my mind blurred my vision. Was I trapped? I heard a growl from behind me, I already knew it was Brahms before I turned around. the fact that he knew exactly what I would do was impressive. I braved myself for a slap or some type of assault but it never came. He instead placed his hand over my mouth and pinned my arms down to my side. He began to half carry me and half drag me through the walls. Where was he taking me? My eyesight blurred again and went completely black.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN "THE BOY" nor do I own any of the character's names. This is all purely for fun and I have no intention to gain anything from this. All rights are reserved and any recognition goes to the film production companies and script writers!!!!
I am a fan of the 2016 film and in honor of it's sequel that is coming out this summer, I decided to write an alternate ending where Brahms is given a second chance. I know I'm already working on a book right now, but it's going slow and I figured this could be a "vacation" book to go to when I'm stressed. This chapter was really easy to write because 99% of it was the movie ending written in Greta's POV and I've seen the movie probably about fifty times (that's not creepy at all). I'm not sure how frequently I'll be updating, I'll try my best lol! Please feel free to CONSTRUCTIVE criticize my writing, I could use advice or ideas on the story! Thank you so much
-Ri