Chapter 24: The Man Himself

More hovercraft vehicles came flying out at us. We all stood together, all ready to crack some skulls.

"Dash. Violet. Sandstorm maneuver!" I ordered.

"Got it!" Dash replied as he started running around us all, kicking up a vortex of sand and dust. The vehicles were blind firing into the dust, only to be blocked by Violet's force fields. Meanwhile more foot soldiers came rushing drom behind, but Mrs. Incredible and I made quick work of them. Mr. Incredible grabbed one of the crafts and yanked the guy out of it; knocking him out. Then he chucked the thing like a frisbee, destroying two more of them. We were all ready to knock more henchmen around, but a blue beam encapsulated all of us. The beam froze us all in our tracks.

"Woah woah woah! Time out!" A new voice shouted as he came through the trees with rocket boots. He had this orange hair that made him look like a troll doll. He had freckles and a full black costume with a cape. The front of his costume had a large white S all along his torso. He had a black eye mask.

"Syndrome!" Mr. Incredible growled.

"Wait wait wait. Syndrome? As in 'dangerous arms dealer' Syndrome?" I asked.

"Wow. You did remember my name. I should have known. You hear a bad guy's name, you don't forget; do you Spider-Man?" Syndrome asked with this smug look on his face.

"Do you have any idea how many people you could have hurt? How many you could have killed?!" I asked in anger.

"Do I have any idea? Definitely. Do I necessarily care? Nope," Syndrome responded. He could visibly see the anger on my face through the mask.

"As for the rest of you! Matching uniforms? Stylish and wait. Is that Elastigirl?! You married ELASTIGIRL?! Oh! And got busy! It's a whole family of supers! This is too good!" Syndrome laughed triumphantly. He had us all transported to a holding cell. We were all being held by this electromagnetic grid. We were all watching the news, as a larger; more advanced version of the Omnidroid. It was smooter, sleeker and had a red visor instead of a blue one. There were tanks trying to shoot at it, but the shells weren't doing anything.

"Huh? Huh? Oh, come on! You gotta admit, this is cool! Just like a movie: the robot will emerge dramatically, do some damage, throw some screaming people. And just when all hope is lost? Syndrome will save the day! I'll be a bigger hero than you ever were!" Syndrome bragged.

"You mean you killed off real heroes so you could pretend to be one?!" Mr. Incredible asked in rage.

"Hold on a minute! You're not about to lecture me about pretending to be a hero are you?! You should be lecturing junior webs over here!" Syndrome said pointing at me.

"Me?! Last I remember, I beat your last Omnidroid," I sad.

"No! You ran away from it, panicked and then made it beat itself. You did nothing," Syndrome corrected.

"Still more of a hero than you'l ever be!" I retorted.

"Not anymore! When I get rid of that robot, I'll be the hero!" Syndrome shot back. I struggled against my bonds.

"You better hope I don't get out of these things, because I'll break you in half once I get out! You're no superhero! You're a child! A delusional child!" I verbally assaulted.

"And what does that make you? Another child in high tech pajamas trying and failing to be a new hero. So go ahead, try and break me in half. I dare you!" Syndrome taunted as he pushed a button on the control panel, shocking me.

"And the robot's just the start. I'll sell my inventions, and make everyone super. So when everyone is super. No one is," Syndrome explained as he walked away. I started thrashing on my shackles.

"Don't bother. They're able to hold me back. You won't be able to break out," Mr. Incredible told me, hanging his head in shame.

"I don't care! I'm not going to stop!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry. This is my fault. I've been a lousy father, blind to what I have. So obsessed with being undervalued, that I undervalued all of you," Mr. Incredible started to confess. It was then that Violet startef using her forcefield to break her shackles from the electricity.

Clever girl I mentally complimented. I then got a sneaky idea and started trying to wriggle my hands from my gloves.

If I could just get on hand free... I instructed to myself. I kept expanding my hands and streamlining them. Soon enough, my left hand got free.

"Uh...dad?" Dash said, trying to get his father's attention.

"Ahh. Don't interrupt," Mrs. Incredible scolded as she went back to paying attention to her husband. I used my left hand to stretch the fabric open on my other glove so I can free my other hand. Since my hands were free, Now I'm able to hang on to the top of the mechanism holding us all and use my full strength to pull myself free of my boots.

"So caught up in the past that I...I..." Mr. Incredible choked on his words, he was really getting emotional about this. I guess this was all his regret pouring out. Meanwhile, I managed to free my feet from my boots and clung to the device. I quietly climbed on top of the thing and leapt to the panel where Violet was.

"You are my greatest adventure and I almost missed it. I swear, I'll get us-" Mr. Incredible didn't get to finish his statement as I started clapping.

"Beautiful. Truly, beautiful. See how nice it is when you talk things out? What do you think Violet?" I asked.

"Well I think dad has made some excellent progress today. But I think it's time we all wind down now," Violet punned, hitting the release button; setting them all free. As well as releasing my boots and gloves, which I quickly put back on. It's a race to the city, to stop Syndrome!