unique. jovan (yvie oddly) x gender neutral reader

Start from the beginning

That was the beginning of your beautiful relationship, and this year treated both of you real good. The brand you wished to work with? They hired you six months ago and now you were handling huge projects for them. And Jovan? He was accepted into Rupaul's Drag Race, the olympics of drag, and you couldn't feel more proud for your boyfriend.

But life isn't all about fairytales, and rainbows, and happy endings. When the show aired, you've started getting busier with your career and so was Jovan. He toured around the states and you had to maintain a long distance relationship. Although it was hard, both of you made it work. And that's just signature Jovan. Even as Yvie Oddly, he made the ugliest pieces come together into a beautiful masterpiece.

He just got back from another tour two weeks ago and you couldn't be happier to see him. Unfortunately, you've been assigned to work on a new line for the brand. This was a project you always fought for, thinking it would make Jovan proud. However, you were losing more and more time with him as the assignment progressed. Everything was turning out to be the complete opposite to your expectations.

To add insult to the injury, you were working with Scarlet Envy for the project. She was just announced the brand's ambassador and you were tasked to collaborate with her for the entire line. This was exactly why you thought the project would make Jovan super proud, as you were bringing your work a step closer to his world. But none of that is happening, and you're finally about to discover why.

"I'm home," you announced as you walked into your shared flat, slamming the door shut behind you.

"Welcome back," Jovan answered, but he didn't even stop to give you a kiss and continued walking towards the other side of the room.

You grabbed his wrist before escape your reach. Before he can turn away, you throw yourself at him, giving him the tightest hug.

"You're going to break me, Y/N..." he whispered, but there was no emotion in his voice. It's been the same monotonous tone for the past week and by this time, you're pretty fed up with it.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" You pull away from him, as you were finally ready to confront him about this.

"What's wrong with YOU?" Jovan shrugs, turning his back against you. However, you skip past him and block his way, demanding his attention.

"You've been treating me like a stranger for the past week? What's wrong?" You take his hand and hold it with yours. "You told me we should always be open to each other. You're the one who said that communication is the key to making this relationship work. Then what's wrong? Tell me how you feel and talk to me," you plead, practically begging him.

"I... this isn't the right time. Please, just leave me alone," he tries to break free from your grip but you don't let him.

"This isn't like you! I am not going to get an ounce of sleep in this place unless you tell me what's going on!"

"You want to know what's going on? Because I have a lot to say and I don't think you're ready to hear it," he stared at you intently as he spoke. The look in his eyes was threatening and cold, an intense emotion you haven't come across with Jovan.

"I'm practically begging you to tell me, I am more than ready to listen! Does it have something to do with my job? Didn't we already have a talk about this? I supported you with drag race and all your tours! I worked so hard on this, thinking it will bring me clo-"

"That's exactly why I am upset! Have you no regard with how the people around you feel?!"

"What are you going on abou-"

"I can't believe you didn't tell anyone that you are taken, and suddenly I see this!"

"Wait, hold up. That was a choice we made for you! If people knew about us before the show ends, we agreed it would be a problem. I know it's almost over and you've actually finished filming for the finale, I just-... I haven't had the chance to break it to everyone yet," you explain, ending your speech with a loud sigh.