XIV.NO MORE LETTERS,EPILOGUE

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗no more letters !╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

no more letters !
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

BRIAN REYNOLDS loves three things.

He loves attending his annual Harry Potter book club meeting every Wednesday and Friday evenings, he loves playing cello for his mother every Saturday in the Saint Jude Hospital down the street, and he loves writing letters he doesn't have the guts to send to a princess living halfway across the world every night before bed.

One of those things he no longer does anymore.

On Wednesdays and Fridays he would still sit in a circle with his classmates, debating over which characters deserved a better character arc than the one JK Rowling gave them, and arguing which one of her tweets deserve to be canonized ( " Pretty sure JK Rowling tweeted that the sorting hat is actually a Republican " " Gregory !" )

Every Saturday, the nurses would bring other patients in his mother's room to hear him play one of his songs, turning it into Cello nights, where patients on the third floor would dance and laugh together under the fluorescent lights of St. Jude.

Every other weekday he and Gregory would sit on the carpet, petting Crookshanks as the television screened a Harry Potter movie. They would sometimes slip into an argument of what to order for dinner, before settling for Pizza every single time.

Yet, the nights where he would usually write his letters were replaced by video calls that would last for hours until the morning, and if it wasn't for Peter Parker's teachings in the art of pretending to be awake during lectures, Brian would've been in detention every day of the week for dozing off.

These video calls would cast a dim blue glow around his room, and he would always be smiling at the person on the other end of the line, her smile illuminating his room. Brian Reynolds decided that video chatting Shuri Udaku wasn't so bad as what he had initially thought, in this way he can actually use the screen lag as an excuse to admire how pretty she is, and take screenshots of her when she's not looking ( so he can print them for his album. )

After crashing the party in Wakanda, the entire kingdom now knows that their princess is involved with an outsider. There are those, like her mother, who accepted the boy with open arms ( Brian nearly collapsed on the expensive marble floors when he realized that he was meeting her family )

There are others, like M'Baku, who are wary of his arrival. They think it's better if the princess doesn't mingle with the likes of an American, some even claimed that he was a spy ( even after seeing how he nearly cried when he accidentally spilled punch on the floor. )

He could still remember the look on her face that night, he must admit, if he had more time, he would've spent more effort preparing for it. Yet thanks to the courtesy of T'Challa, who came in prepared with tailors in the jet to measure a suit for him, he managed to attend the ball without looking like a commoner.