Chapter Twenty-two.

Start from the beginning

"Hey, you forgot about me." Dahlia says and Cain holds out his arm, Dahlia joins their group hug and they pull away. Cain looks around and Chip was not in sight. "Where is Chip?" Cain questioned and Ramona shrugged. "He would be home by now, he gets off early today." Cain looks at the time, it was about six and Chip got off at three. Cain grabs his key because Chip only went to four places in this town. Home, work, the library, and the bar. He went to the library yesterday so the bar it is. "I will be right back." Cain says and he kisses Ramona's head then Dahlias.

Cain goes back into town and he drives all the way to the bar. He walks in and he looks around. It was a lot of older, creepy older men but it was hard to find Chip in the midst of them. Cain started walking around and he looks over by the corner of the room. He frowned and he sits in the booth, Chip's hair was surrounding his head and it looked like a curly but silky mop. "Chip." Cain whispered and he strokes his hair and Chip groaned as he turned his head. "It's your brother Cain, hey, I'm here to take you back home." Cain says and Chip shakes his head. "I don't wanna... I failed her." Chip mumbled and Cain strokes his hair. "Dahlia?"

Chip lifted his head and Cain's eyes widened because is eyes were dark, circles were around them and he looked sick. "Yes, I got fired Cain. I got fired because one of the machines malfunctioned, exploded and I thought-I thought I was in Vietnam. My boss thinks I'm some loon and told me that I need to go to a mental hospital but have you heard about the soldiers they're trying to help.. They're like lab rats and I don't want that. This is the fifth job and I can't hold a decent one to support Dahlia. Why did she leave me to raise her alone? I never understand why she resents me and her?" Chip cried and Cain sits next to his brother, he hugs him and he kisses his head. "Hey.. it's okay, you have me, Ramona and we're gonna help you. And Dahlia loves you so much and she will never feel like you failed her because you're the one taking care of her. I'm your brother and you know that I will never let you fall. I wished that I would have taken your spot and went off to the war but I couldn't. If I could you know I would."

Chip nodded because he knew he would, Cain would do anything for him and he doesn't think he could ever live without him. Cain looks into his brother's eyes. "I want you to come home and kiss your daughter, tell her that you love her and just be there for her because she is growing up without a mother and little girls need their mothers but in her case, she needs you twice as more. Don't worry about finding another job, you know you don't have to get one with me. Just take care of my niece and we will figure everything out." Cain assured him and Chip sniffles as he nodded. Cain smiles a little and he wipes the tears from Chip's face, something that Chip would always do to Cain when his Dad use to make him cry.

"Let's go home." Cain tells him and the two get up, they leave the bar and the head back home.

They get home and Chip walks in the door first, Dahlia who was laying on the floor drawing with Agnes laying beside her. Dahlia turned her and she smiles as she gets up. "Daddy!" Dahlia screams and he leans down, he picks her up and he kisses her cheek. "Dally, Dally, Dally." Chip chanted as he jumps up and down and she giggles as she hugs him. "I drew a picture." Dahlia smiles and Chip puts her down, she runs to get her paper and he sits down on the couch. Dahlia jumps onto the couch and she sits next to him. "See, I drew you with Uncle Cain and Aunt 'Mona, I drew Agnes too." Dahlia shows him and he smiles as he looks at the drawing.

"It's beautiful." Chip smiled and Dahlia grinned as she ruffles his hair. "Thank you, can I do your hair?"

Chip nodded and he starts shaking his hair and Dahlia chuckles because she loved his hair.

Ramona watches from the kitchen and she looks at Cain who was grabbing a slice of pizza because all Ramona knows how to do his heat up things. "I'll explain everything later but please tell me you used didn't use that bland cheese from the store?" He questioned and Ramona stares at him with a smile because Cain and Chip were like experts because it's a French thing supposedly and Ramona might not ever understand. Cain literally goes to a supermarket just to purchase these cheese that she has never heard before. "It's parmesan." She remarked and Cain grumbled. "C'est quoi ce bordel?" and Ramona laughs as she held her stomach because she loved when he cursed in French but she felt a jerk, she stopped mid laugh and she gasped as she waved her hand. "She's kicking, she's kicking, she's kicking!" She exclaimed and Cain touches her stomach.

Chip runs into the kitchen and he smiles. "I wanna feel."

Ramona grabs his hand and it puts it near Cain's, they all went silent and Cain slowly looks at Ramona. "Wait... back track.. She? So, you're saying it's a girl?" Cain questioned and Ramona shakes her head but Chip looks at his brother. "I heard she's kicking so that means.. it is girl." Chip gasped and Cain high fives his brother, Cain hugs Ramona who was mad at herself because she didn't mean for it to slip and she did so well keeping it a secret now it was out in the open.

I use to update this story a lot and I want to get back to my usual updating which is every week. If I don't update but Sunday message me and tell me to quite slacking around and stop watching Netflix because that's what I'm mostly likely doing 😂