Chapter Two: A Night With Her Knight

The room was dark but Taylor turned on a small night light for Stefani who couldn't stand total darkness. Every night she would have scary dreams. She was terrified of sex, she wondered why she put up with being a slave for it. The darkness reminded her of sex and the perverts that tortured her with it. But tonight, she was calm and quite fulfilled, for the first time in years. She wasn't scared at all, and Taylor's soft snores made her feel safe.

Being around him was so different than with any other guy. He cared a lot about her and tried to make her feel comfortable with him. Just before they got into bed, he chatted with her and offered her a snack. He made her hot chocolate and gave her a shirt to put on, even letting her take a shower first.

It was all a bit crazy for Stefani. She had to ask a few questions about his personal life to be sure about him. News about him and his notorious habit of cheating on girls was all over the internet, but he was so sweet with her and didn't act like a player at all.

She kept asking about him and his personal life and relationships, and he just told her he had none. Everything was a lie after all. Those girls were just models who were payed to be his false girlfriends, but he was really just a simple guy trying to get away from the harsh reality of Hollywood. It became clear to her that she liked him a little more than before. It wasn't a small crush, she really loved him, and maybe had a shot with him.

As they grew sleepy, he asked if she preferred him taking the couch, but she was genuinely happy to be right next to him. They were up for a few minutes, and Taylor noticed her shivering a little. He cuddled her gently, keeping her warm and safe. Stefani curled up and rested her chin on his shoulder. Her arms were wrapped around his muscular one. Faster than any other nights before, she fell asleep, and this time, she had no nightmares.

Taylor woke up early the next morning. He opened his tired blue eyes and squinted as the light burned them. Adjusting quickly, he looked over at Stefani and smiled. She was still sleeping. That was probably a rare occasion for her. Hookers definitely didn't have much time for that. They worked the early mornings till they were sore and couldn't really get up. Most of them just stayed over in the locked up bars, safe from men but it smelt horrible.

He stroked her soft hair, waking her up almost instantly. She looked quite afraid at first, but saw that it was him, which made her beam and blush a little. "Morning Stefani," he greeted, running his fingers through her hair again. Yawning, she stretched out her tiny body and sat up on the bed. Looking down at her body, she remembered that she was wearing a shirt.

It was his shirt, and the thought of him broke her heart. It was time for her to go off to work again soon and she might not be able to see him ever again. Everything was so unfair to her, even though she was just another girl selling her body off to tons of guys, she still had dreams. Stefani wanted to have a life with somebody that truly loved her and she wanted to be a star.

"You okay?" Taylor asked, distracting her from her thoughts. His hand moved from her hair down to her cheek, wiping away a tear that had streamed down it. Stefani hadn't noticed, she cried so often that she never really knew when she was doing it anymore. Nodding her head, she explained to him.

"You know Taylor, it's only been one night with you. I don't want to go back to work, but I need the money so bad. I really want to stay for as long as I can. There's never been a man like you in my life before. I know I'm just a hooker to you but this meant everything to me, Taylor."

Taylor sighed and could only manage to stroke her cheek. Even while she was crying, she looked beautiful. There was an undescribable peacefulness in his heart just seeing her and she wasn't just a hooker in his eyes. He didn't understand why she thought that he only saw her as a whore. Last night he approached her shyly, and had already started to like her. She was just a queen who gave a little too much love.

"Stefani, promise me you'll stop selling yourself off to these guys and I'll meet you tonight. I can help you get a waitressing job or something, maybe I'll even... share this bed," he said, taking her hand. She nodded and buried her face in his warm chest. Taylor combed her hair gently, removing the little knots in it.

"There are many things I can't tell you now, but I'll be able to tell you in the future, Stef. If you were just a prostitute, I wouldn't even be speaking to you."